hi everyone

x_emma_x

Jul 31, 2005
Media
leicestershire uk
Parrots
illigers macaw
good evening everyone my names emma i have just brought a illigers macaw called cracker would love anyone with any advice on parrots as i am new to them fingers crossed we make good friends (sure we will)

BlackNova

Staff member
Super Moderator
Jun 16, 2005
Media
Albums
x_emma_x said:
good evening everyone my names emma i have just brought a illigers macaw called cracker would love anyone with any advice on parrots as i am new to them fingers crossed we make good friends (sure we will)

You should post some pictures of him in the gallery, I'd love to see them.

Last edited:

BlackNova

Staff member
Super Moderator
Jun 16, 2005
Media
Albums
Have you done any reading on parrots? I've done lots of reading. Stick to common sense. One thing I was most impressed with when I first started my learning about parrots, is how fragile they seem to be. I had to get rid of all my non-stick pots and pans as I've heard they are about 7 times more sensitive to the environment as we are..

BERMA

Aug 3, 2005
Daytona Beach, FL soon Athens, GA
Parrots
3 month greenwing macaw, 7 year old U2, 3 year old male eclectus, 15 year old nanday conure, 6 month old European starling
Hello all, my name is Amber and I have a new baby greenwing macaw. Her name is Athena and she is an absolute doll... I have 4 other birds as well, all the others are adopted, Athena was bought, but the other birds are an umbrella cockatoo, a male eclectus, a female nanday conure, and a European starling that I rescued from the back yard. I am actually new to raising macaws to weaning though I have handfed plenty, but I wonder if anyone knows where I could find an average weight chart for a 12 week old GW. Thanks!

Amber

skittles

Jun 27, 2005
Land of Entrapment
Parrots
Swansions Blue Mountain Lorikeet Named Indygo.
Welcome Both of you! I have a Blue Mountain Rainbow Lorikeet named Indygo. She's about 16 weeks old.

BlackNova

Staff member
Super Moderator
Jun 16, 2005
Media
Albums
skittles said:
Welcome Both of you! I have a Blue Mountain Rainbow Lorikeet named Indygo. She's about 16 weeks old.

Are we going to be graced with pictures of your's as well?

BlackNova

Staff member
Super Moderator
Jun 16, 2005
Media
Albums
BERMA said:
Hello all, my name is Amber and I have a new baby greenwing macaw. Her name is Athena and she is an absolute doll... I have 4 other birds as well, all the others are adopted, Athena was bought, but the other birds are an umbrella cockatoo, a male eclectus, a female nanday conure, and a European starling that I rescued from the back yard. I am actually new to raising macaws to weaning though I have handfed plenty, but I wonder if anyone knows where I could find an average weight chart for a 12 week old GW. Thanks!

Amber

And all of your's? That's going to take some time to get pictures of all of your's posted. :smile009:

Most Reactions