Old 05-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Thanked 15,214 Times in 6,069 Posts
Kiwibird will become famous soon enough
Re: Need help ASAP with letter to HOA!

Quote: Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Great letter, seems like a forthright and comprehensive pitch for acceptance! I'm surprised they do not already permit birds up to a specified size! Hope we can all congratulate you soon on your very own condo!!

I've heard horror stories dealing with HOAs, so providing full disclosure and having an exemption (or better yet, a permanent change to the rules) will make life far easier!!
I strongly dislike the idea of an HOA, but we simply cannot afford a house and a mortgage/taxes/insurance will be literally 1/2 of what renting a comparable in this market would be. We have no choice but to get into one. I think some states have higher numbers of parrot owners and are a bit moe accepting because they're more common (tons of people had them in AZ and the places we rented there had 0 issues with the idea of him so long as he wasn't a problem). Oregon, on the other hand, probably doesn't have a huge amount of bird owners and I'm guessing that's why we ran into issues moving up here and trying to buy.

Last edited by Kiwibird; 05-11-2016 at 08:59 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kiwibird For This Useful Post:
Allee  (05-12-2016), Amanda_Bennett (05-11-2016), Brittany741 (05-11-2016), RavensGryf Supporting Member (05-11-2016), Scott  (05-11-2016)