New Family Members

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Right as promised here are some pics of the latest family members we have.

Picture020.jpg

Here is Charlie and Harley the Bourkes Grass Parakeets

Picture021.jpg

George the Golden Mantle Rosella

Picture023.jpg

Bluey and Punch Lineolated Parakeets
Now the next question is this, when I rescued Flynn the lady told me she was a Lineolated, (always had my doubts but never did anything about it) she is nothing like a lineolated, she has small eyes, long tail, and is about 8-10 inches long. Does anyone have any ideas what species she is or could be. I'm not really bothered what she is but I would like to know for my own curiosity. I thought maybe a Quaker?
Picture026.jpg

Flynn, the unkown, as you can see from the sig I have still called her a lineolated so any info would be greatly received. Thanks. We love her whatever, she is just my Flynnie

9Catsz

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Missouri
Parrots
Peachfaced lovebirds, Timneh African greys
Now I can see these pictures??? I don't know what's going on here.

You have some beautiful birds there.

Flynn is definitely not a quaker. Maybe a grass 'keet. There are a lot of them.

Last edited:

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
Your bourkes rae beautiful! Mine do not have as much blue. May I ask what you feed yours?

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I could be wrong, but that bird look exactly like a female Red Rump Parakeet that my friend has. Great pictures of beautiful birds! :)

131_1w.JPG

Last edited:
OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
MKay said:
Your bourkes rae beautiful! Mine do not have as much blue. May I ask what you feed yours?

Well at the moment they are having Pretty Bird Daily Select with some parakeet food mixed in, usual fruit and veggies which they love........... to sit in, maybe thats like the birdie face pack lol.:D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Have now also ruled out Quaker for Flynn, so I know what she isn't but still no nearer to finding out what she is, so I have invented a new species Cuteus Maximus, sounds Parroty kinda!!:04: lol

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Green Cheek Conure Mutations
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
All of them are beautiful. I'm going with Alison and saying female Red Rump Parakeet.

Michael

bubbles

Feb 6, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels, budgies, 28s, princess parrots, ringnecks, plumheads, Red Rumped Grass Parrots, Lovebirds.
flynn looks to me to be a normal female red rump

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks guys I'll have a look at that one and let you know, It will be quite nice to know for sure now, it never really bothered me before, but now that I've started doing some research and finding out what she isn't it would be nice. Thanks again everyone. I'll let you know when I find out for sure.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I'll let you know when I find out for sure.

Peta, did you ever find out for sure if she is a Red Rump? She looks just like my friends bird and very much like the picture I posted earlier in the thread.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Everything points to her being a red rump, done a lot of research and reading. I'm now waiting for my vet to come out and give Errol and Flynn their check ups, then I'm gonna ask him. :D Its a good job he knows how dippy I am.:04: So for the moment she is a red rump

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
My vet came out today and couldn't believe what he was seeing, Errol and Flynn out of the cage and flying around. Asked him about Flynn and after he had stopped laughing, (he just assumed that I knew what she was) anyway wait for it she is a ........................................ Red Rump female.

Thanks Alison and Michael, spot on. Funny thing was I had looked at a red rump and ruled that out, can't remember why I had now though.

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Green Cheek Conure Mutations
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
And to think you doubted us for a minute! Congrats.

Michael

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:worship2: :worship2: My most humble appologys guys, I am so sorry, it must have been a moment of pure madness. :worship2: :worship2: Please forgive me, I promise I'll never doubt you again. LOL

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I do hope there was enough sucking up there, if not I do apologise again. :44: Freshly brewed by my own hand, and just for you, to show you just how sorry I really am. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts