Heatwave UK

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Today has been the hottest day we've had for a very long time. In fact we've now seen the hottest July since 1911 :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_5190000/newsid_5190700/5190704.stm

Its really been too hot to do much of anything, so have just been misting the fids on a very regular basis, every half hour or so. and they have loved it. Tomorrow is supposed to be a little cooler but by Friday we are back to the hot hot weather again. Hopefully it will be cool enough for me to get all my work done.

Hope you are all having some nice weather.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Its not as hot as yesterday and its a bit cloudy, supposed to get some rain, can't see it tho', but its still so hot and there's no air anywhere,

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Our heat kinda fizzled today too. It's a bit muggy, lots of clouds, but not very hot.

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
I wish school shut down when it reaches 30degreesC. Here it gets up to around 41degreesC and like a billion percent humidity! It's the worse feeling EVER!!!

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
Last new years eve it got up to 45 degrese c and that was so hot i could hardly stand it. At one in the morning it was still 38c.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Bill what are your winters like over there. I love Austrailia but think I would melt in the heat of your Summers. Its bad enough here at the moment.

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
I love the heat, but I can't stand when it gets a billion precent humidity...it's the worse feeling ever! Dry heat is good.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
The heat here has been unbearable, you can't move without sweating buckets, can't just sit still, and certainly can't cook anything, We are just not used to the temperatures that we've been getting just lately.

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
I don,t like the weather much where I am. In summer it gets hot and I mean hot. during january-feb it can get up to 40 degrees no worrys at all. on average it stays about 38c or so.And it snows a little in winter but not much hardly covers the ground. Victoria is located in the south east corner of Aus.I think I want to north where it stays about 26 degrees c all year round aaaahhhhhhhh paradise. :cool: :)

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
celceus??? How does that relate to farenhight??? How hot is 36.3 in ferenhight???????????

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Lilly Bird said:
celceus??? How does that relate to farenhight??? How hot is 36.3 in ferenhight???????????

About 97, which is VERY hot for the UK. Its supposed to get hotter this week. :eek: And we've still got our hottest month coming up, August.

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
Ouch! this past heatwave in IL, we got up to 101, heat index, 115 F!!!

Pant, pant!!!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Bill your nearly there with the conversion, Today is even hotter. We had my son's sports day and boy was that hot, So hot that even sitting in the shade I look like a very ripe tomato. Those poor kids tried so hard but by the end of the afternoon everyone looked really ill and tired. They should have called it off I think.

Ah well only one more school day left then the kids are on their Summer holiday, Yeah, no more alarm clocks for about 6 1/2 weeks. Lay in late. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
Ha Ha!!! I had SPF 60 and I got TERRIBLY SUNBURNT!!!!!!! Ouch! i am peeling SOOOO bad now!!!

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
well 1 degree c is 33.8 ffahrenheit so 36.3c is 97.33f ok so anything over 100f is getting a bit toasty.so when i say new years was hot it was 113f and where was sister was it got too 116.59f now thats warm.:eek:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:D :D better late than never eh Bill. :D :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts