More Bird World Pics.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Mr Hyacinth again, just because I love that guy
camera065.jpg

This little madam would stick her head through the bars and ask for a tickle as you walked past.
camera072.jpg

A quick preen before the pics.
camera052.jpg

A quick nap
camera073.jpg

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
wonder what we can get up to next.
camera079.jpg

Sitting like a pretty boy
camera070.jpg

We are going again next week so should be able to take more pics.

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
Beautiful! I like the one stickin its head out of the cage!!! So Cute!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
The little cag who kept sticking her head out of the cage was a real darling, she knew just when to put her head out and when to keep it in. When she stuck it out she would ask for scritches, lol. She used to be someones pet, the owner had died I believe and had asked Bird World to keep her for the rest of her life. She gets a lot of interaction from the staff there. I could take her home with me if they would let me. She was georgous. :07:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Bill it really is a wonderful place to visit. The main flight aviary is one of the biggest in the UK, more than enough room for all of the large birds they have flying around in there.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Sarah you would really love it there, they also have other animals/birds its a great fun day.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
You really captured their beauty in those shots. Good job!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks Alison, I have loads of the hyacinth, but then he was so easy to get, each time you pointed the camera at him over he came, A real poser. lol

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
He really was a little or I should say big darling.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Well they have birds of all sorts, birds of prey, toucans, emus ponys rabbits guinea pigs chickens pigs goats sheep. They also had a very rare bird the Bali Starling and apparently there are only 12? in the wild. Bird world had two pairs who they are hoping will breed, they are such pretty birds. Will have to try to get some pics of them as my last ones didn't come out too good.

Take a look at this pretty little guy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bali

Scroll down the page and you will see the bird on the right hand side. How pretty is he?

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah, couldn't remember how many but knew it wasn't a lot. It is very sad. Don't think people will realise what they are doing by taking birds out of the wild, until they are all gone. :( :(

I was reading in the paper the other day about the CAG being in danger cos so many people are now trapping the wild birds. Which is a disgrace as they are so easy to come by from breeders. Just goes to show people are willing to buy birds at a very low price, usually that means "Wild Caught" :mad: :mad:

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
yes its a real shame. When people stop buing then the birds will stop being collected.What a glorious day that will be for bird lovers and people in general.:D :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh won't that be something to celebrate. :59: :59: :59: :59:

Most Reactions