Luis452

Aug 9, 2006
Hi everyone, i'm new to thid forum, I do not have a Parrot yet but I am looking into purchasing one soon, I just cant decide on what kind to get, I was thinking of an african Grey. well I just mainly wanted to intoduce myself, My name is Luis and im in Hawaii, hopefully I can learn alot from all of you on here.

Aloha.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
buccwelcome1.gif

Luis, In my opinion you can't go wrong with a grey, but then I'm just a little bit biased. lol

Please, and I'm sure you are doing this, make sure before you buy a parrot that it is definately the right one for you. There are many people here with a variety of birds so if you have any questions ask away, there's always someone willing to help. I wish you luck finding the right one, Once you have decided what kind of bird you want look around and the right bird will end up picking you. Good luck to you. I look forward to hearing how you get on, but in the meantime join in and have fun. We are glad that you have found us.​

OP
Luis452

Luis452

Aug 9, 2006
I actually been thinking about a grey, I called a couple of places and found 2 front a breeder, they are about 14 months old. he is aking about 750 for each.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
WOW, Is that an average price for them in Hawaii if so that is very cheap only about £395 (average price here is about £695)

If they are usually more expensive, why is this one so cheap???????????? Just curious. I'm always worried when I see parrots going cheap, over here it usually means trouble of some sort.

Let us know how you get on.

OP
Luis452

Luis452

Aug 9, 2006
The average price for one is about 1,000 dollars. but ive seen them fluctuate at least 300 dollars lower or higher

OP
Luis452

Luis452

Aug 9, 2006
Ok, I finally found out that the CAG is only four to five months old, this is comming from a breeder, he is a cutie, he wanted to come home with me.
Is he old enought to stop hand feeding, he eats by himself but he also gets handfed. he costs 700 dollars, any advice? I went to the breeders and they had all kinds of gorgeous birds, I wish I had my camera with me.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
When I got Bucc he was 16 weeks old, but he was off handfeeding completely. If the one you saw is still on handfeeding then he still needs it, theres no rules saying that at X weeks old they should be off the handfeeding. I'm a great believer that they will let you know when they don't want handfeeding anymore.

Did the breeder say how many handfeeds he is getting (I'm assuming it just the one) If so is this something you feel able to continue, if not I would wait for him to be completley free of the handfeeds, probably won't be much longer.

Let us know how you get on and what you decide.

Most Reactions

Latest posts