TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Welp, guys, we are off, we are going to see the vet for the first time today for one of those "new birdie check-ups" ... I will be back soon and let you guys know how he is ... (I have no reason to believe, other than the sneezing that keeps happening with NO OTHER symptoms, that he's not a perfectly healthy bird).

~ Tex

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Good luck at the vet, I'm sure Hamlet is a healthy guy. I got the dreaded vet visit on Thursday for Popsicle, nails, beak and wings trimmed :eek: I'm sure a little birdie will be mad at mom for taking her to the awful place.

Let us know how Hamlet is

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
YEAH!!! :D :D WE ARE HEALTHY!!! He his nails trimmed today too (or should I say ... buffed, the tool the vet used was a powertool the just sanded down his nails ... it was quite neat!). The vet did say that whoever did the first wingclip DID clip too many feathers :mad: beause he does, "drop like a stone" ... oh well, that's just his first one we will make sure that the others, from now on, will be better!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:jumping40 HOOOOOORAY that is great news, Its a shame about the wing clip, but they will grow out, and when that happens you can then get him clipped again properly.

I have seen my vet do Buccs nails with those power tool things, :eek: he then told me I could do it myself........... yeah right, I'd rather pay the vet to do it. :D

Great news, I'm so happy for you both.

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
yeah right, I'd rather pay the vet to do it. :D .

Exactly, it cost me $15 to have his nails done ... and I can see why you'd have the vet do it too ...rather the vet have to go the hospital for a nasty bite than you!:eek: :p

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
I'd be afraid to do their nails, better to pay the money at least if it starts bleeding your already at the vet. Besides I don't want to lose any of the love my parrots have for me. I think if someone came at my nails with power tools I wouldn't love them quite the same.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Exactly, I will cut most of the little guys nails and Bucc's only if it was an emergency.

I remember cutting our Linnies nails and it started bleeding, was all prepared and put flour on it, stops it. Not something I really want to go through again. I would rather take all mine to the vet to have everything done, rather than take a chance on something going wrong and not having the right equipment to help them. And as Tracy said, would rather they hated the vet than me. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts