Bad Month

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Ok, if you havn't noticed I haved been on lately, well not long enough to post.

I have been having some hard life problems. First of my Uncle, 45 yrs, died of colon cancer with in a week of going into the hospital of a tummy ache. He had 4 kids under the age 9, the youngest being 4 yrs. On top of that I have one of those head butting familys, so lets just say that when they should all of been greaving, they were fighting.

Second thing is that my boy friend up and decided that he had some life problems that he needs to take care of and (long story) but he didn't want to "burden" me with them, needless to say I have to move out. I get to keep my bird, but since I am forced to move back home, due to lack of funds on my part, I can't keep my kitty :17: On top of all this crap I know have no computer or internet... well I have dial up at my parents but that doesn't count :rolleyes:

anyways, Cricket seems to be doing ok with the new move so far. She is the only thig I have out of "my" apartment besides a couple suit cases of clothes.
I read the birds right to the family, who loves candles by the way :eek: Cricket also has a new body gaurd, a 3 yr old german shepard, husky mix, named Bubba. He will not leave that cages side. He just sits there and watches, and Cricket hangs up side down from her food dish eyeing him back (I think she thinks she is bigger than him)
I will keep you updated about how she is doing when I can.

Question from my candle family loving family:
Is putting a candle in one of those heater things (melts the candle like a tart no flames, or burning) just as bad as burning the candle. I am guessing yes, but I thought I would cover the bases

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'm so sorry that you have been having such a bad time just lately, I had wondered where you had gone. Any candles are not good for cricket so if they would stay away from them for a while it would be better for her.

Sounds like Cricket is gonna be having a lot of fun with Bubba :D Just listen out for Cricket Barking and crying just like Bubba, :18: Its hillarious hearing a bird bark and cry. Yep you guessed it Bucc does it all the time, to see if he can get the dogs in trouble.

You take care and post when you can, we are here for you anytime you need us.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
wow sorry about everythin i would guess yes about the candle cuz it still gives out the odor and everything if they are real into it you could put her in a room with the window cracked while they were burning (with the screen in)

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Sounds like Cricket is gonna be having a lot of fun with Bubba :D Just listen out for Cricket Barking and crying just like Bubba, :18: Its hillarious hearing a bird bark and cry. Yep you guessed it Bucc does it all the time, to see if he can get the dogs in trouble.

Haha, that would be funny because the dog talks back... yup thats right you tell the dog something and he talks back to you. Not in barks but in an wine type voice, funnist thing I ever seen a dog do. My mom yells at him saying "what did you do bubba, what did you do" dog goes "Woo woo woowoo" haha I would have to get a recording :D just to funny

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
So sorry to hear about your bad month. I miss reading your posts and seeing pictures of Cricket. At least you could take her with you. No matter how upset you are they have a funny noise to make to put a smile on your face. :)

I have the exact same family, the kind that head butts about everything. Maybe thats part of the reason I moved across the country to get away from them.

Well I hope everything works out for the best and hope to see you posting again soon.

Oh and even though you already got a couple of answers I'll give one too. No candles for Cricket is the only way to go!!!

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
It never rains but it pours.
Take care of yourself and give yourself a treat..something new, different and just for you.
And give yourself some time to adjust ,eh, thats some tough living youre going through.
cyber hug:eek:

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
So silly mother let Bubba in the house as I was putting Cricket back in the cage. He comes charging in because he has to know where that bird is at all times. So what does Cricket do, takes off like a bat out of hell, dog not far behind and me not far behind him. lets just say Bubba got his face about a foot away when I landed on him and some how stubbing my toes some where on his body (ow)
:eek: I was bugging, didn't know if he was going to chomp down on him
close call

on a brighter note my mother says she heard the bird say "good night"
i don't know wether I beleive her because I was sitting right there and didn't hear it, but it was possible :( just wish I got to hear it.
My mom is funny she has been calling me at work from home about all the funny things the bird is doing
and she says she doesn't like animals :p

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
My mom is funny she has been calling me at work from home about all the funny things the bird is doing
and she says she doesn't like animals

Cricket has been working her magic on your Mom thats for sure. :D

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Has your mum mentioned anything about your grammer or spelling?
If not, remind her please.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I am always here to support the team.

I was nearly a priest you know. It was just the atheism that held me back,.........
And the fact that I refused to chat up school kids and alter boys.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
And Red, don't forget that whole Vow of Celebacy ... that's gotta suck too!

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Its not so bad,...You get used to it when your wife hates your beard.
So, do you come here often?

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
I know you posted a long time ago on this thread about how your family loves to burn candles. Have you tried Yankee Candles? I read on another site that they were 'bird-safe' because the wicks don't contain any lead.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
but they are made with oils ... and I believe that it's the oils in the candle, along with the wick that is dangerous for the birds ... BUT I DO BELIVE THAT YC sells candles that are smokeless and scentless ... those COULD be an option ...

*disclaimer* please do not run out and buy these and use them without first consulting an AVIAN VET*

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I've not heard of Yankee Candles,so can't really say much about them. But I believe its the fumes you can get from candles, scents smoke etc. I'm now rushing off to see if I can find anything about them on the web.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh we have something very similar to those over here, I personally wouldn't use them near my birds, purely because they are so strong smelling. Instead of candles I use cut up oranges, it gives the room a nice orangey smell and it doesn't matter if the birds eat them or not. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts