Happy Groundhog's Day or not!!!

slayor

Jan 1, 2007
Media
It's a bad because they wake up that groundhog for no reason!!!How do they know it saw it's shadow???

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Perfect link Peta ... that's exactly what iit's all about.

A groundhog can also by another name ... a woodchuck. Red do a google search, they kinda look like tazmanian devils, only a lot fatter and without the attitude.

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Wow RB is really on form just now..... could it be the ghangi:57: ?

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Hint for the future Karen.
I use a special code that under 16's cant understand.
I write "wheres my lighter?" at the end of the post if the post was induced by any extraterrestial substances.

Hint for the future Karen; If any of my posts ever dont have the words "wheres my lighter?" at the end of them, please mentaly add it yourself as I have obviously forgotten to do it.

I hope these hints help you understand my posts so as not to cause any offence, alarm, or head scratching.

Also,... anyone who honestly thought I wouldnt know what a groundhog was,.... Shame on you for being silly.

Last edited:

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
Ummm ground hog day has something to do with whether we will have a longer winter based on whether the official groundhog sees his shadow don't worry it's not that big a deal here either!

OP
slayor

slayor

Jan 1, 2007
Media
They always say he saw he's shadow how do they know

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
It is said that when the ground hog comes out to see to "see it showdow" you will know if your going to have a longer winter or spring is on the way.

The more part fact about this is that the ground hog doesn't eat through the winder, kind of like a bear, so when it comes out, he is really checking the weather, if "weather" isn't right, it doen't get the craving to go eat, and it goes right back hole. Now if the "weather" is right nature tells it that it is time to eat and that means spring is on the way
:p
Well thats what i know of the whole deal

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Well hopefully spring will be on it's way because it's -2 degrees out right now. With the windchill it's -13. And the worst part...no snow! Just cold, windy, and grey. They've even cancelled some elementary schools on account that it's too cold to have the kiddo's waiting for their bus.

Most Reactions

Latest posts