More Kito Pics.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I went to see my baby today, I tried to sneak out with him tucked under my jacket, but Louise spotted him, well she heard him before I could make my getaway. :D

Any way he has grown so much in a week and he's so much more active. He was climbing all over me, until he worked out he could snuggle inside my jacket.

camera011-3.jpg

camera012-2.jpg

camera020-2.jpg

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
camera021-4.jpg

camera022-1.jpg

In the top pic you can see just how much dust he had already, :eek: When he comes home its gonna be lots of nice showers for him.

I've taken some more but these were the only ones I've uploaded for now. Look at that handsome Red Tail coming through.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Oh hes so cute, I want a Kito too... No I promised my boyfriend no more pets. Do you think he will notice if I sneak one in?

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Tracy, with the noise that Kito was making today I think he just might, but when he took one look at that cute face he'd be one happy boyfriend and he'd forgive you. :18:

The big day, well its not soon enough for me. but maybe 2 weeks.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
I still really want one ... what a very hansom baby, I am still very jealous.:D :eek:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
omg! i want one! there so cute! but how much more demanding are they from conures?

Let's see, ummm, Greys are so much more demanding then conures ... but in different ways ... I can tell you that Conures are much more demanding when it comes to one-on-one cuddle time ... I know Greys aren't as cuddley ... wow, you know what, I can't put into words what I am thinking ... I swear I haven't even been drinking ... I PROMISE!

I have an idea, let's do this ... we will defer to PETA the questions to the demands that a grey has ... then I will contrast that to what Hamlet needs, and then I think we might have a fair compairison ...

~ Tex :50:

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Let's see, ummm, Greys are so much more demanding then conures ... but in different ways ... I can tell you that Conures are much more demanding when it comes to one-on-one cuddle time ... I know Greys aren't as cuddley ... wow, you know what, I can't put into words what I am thinking ... I swear I haven't even been drinking ... I PROMISE!

I have an idea, let's do this ... we will defer to PETA the questions to the demands that a grey has ... then I will contrast that to what Hamlet needs, and then I think we might have a fair compairison ...

~ Tex :50:

lol ok, im not going to get one anyway since i know they are more demanding but im just wondering out of curiosity.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Greys crave attention, but not cuddles, they also crave time on their own so you have to work out when they want to be with you and when they want time on their own. Bucc's cuddle time is just before he goes to bed, but again its not a snuggly kinda cuddle, Play time is also a major part of Bucc, he has certain times he want you to play with him and times when he want to play on his own. Heaven help me if I mix the two up. :eek:

I think Greys are more finicky than most birds, and you need to be able to get things right, At the moment Bucc is sitting on the top of the door, if I were to go and play with him now or even try, I'm gonna get bit and hard. This is his time to sit and just watch what is going on. As for being more demanding I think its more a case of being more finicky than most birds. :D

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Every parrot of course has its personality so a particular Conure may be more demanding then a particular Grey. I have a friend who just brought home a Grey and its a cuddly part just wants to be out and cuddling into her. She has another Grey that is the exact opposite (also makes a difference that her other Grey is a rescue and was a bad feather plucker) Both her Grey's are no more demanding for attention then any Conure I've seen, but everyday is different sometimes they want nothing to do with you and others they don't want you to leave.

My Senegal would spend every minute of everyday out cuddling with me if I let her, where as my Amazon wants attention on her own time. They have two completly different personalities but they also have 2 completly different backgrounds.

Peta we were going to get a Grey but when we heard Pepsi's story and seen her we decided to take her home. Shes perfect too, only problem now is that instead of 2 birds I want 3. :eek:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Peta we were going to get a Grey but when we heard Pepsi's story and seen her we decided to take her home. Shes perfect too, only problem now is that instead of 2 birds I want 3. :eek:

That the only problem with birds, they are so addictive, and theres so many needing good loving homes. I started off with my two rescue ones then had 3 more rescues, sadly these were so ill they didn't make it, we were lucky to have the ringneck for a couple of months, the tiels only about 3/4 weeks. In between time we managed to get 8 others, at one time I think we had 14 here. :D We are building an Aviary for the little guys so watch this space. :D If of course I can smuggle them past hubby.

Most Reactions