Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Hello, Im Meghan, hence my username.

im 15 years old i ahve two cockatiels at the moment, and im getting a sun conure by the end of the summer.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
Hey Megan WeLCOME!!!!!!!!! I am 16 have 1 cockatiel and recently got a Jenday conure! This is a great place to learn about Birds and be with people that understand you. If you need to know anything about us it's that we LOVE pics so post away and let us see your babies!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
i73071027_89631_7.gif

Hi and welcome, nice to have you join us. We are a friendly bunch as long as you post lots of pics of your baby. Join in and have lots of fun.
Look forward to hearing more about you and your flock.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Hey, I have one of those little birdies ...

Hamlet0019.jpg

He likes to poke his head in every now and then and say HI ... he likes to be the welcome wagon, so to speak (he just has to be a little quicker 'cause he has to beat Peta to the punch ... besides, why don't you try typing with only 8 fingers, and 4 of them point backwards ... )

Anyway, glad you have joined us ... you will learn a lot here, and you will have a good time too!

~Tex :50:

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
hi again, i have a TON! of pics! i take like atleast a dozen pics of my tiels everyday pretty much!
I love jenday conures, infact i was going to get to get one. Well ok ill tell the story of how decided a sun.. ok well first i wanted a gold capped conure but there wasn't like ANY breeders in canada pretty much there was like maybe 2 and they lived in like ontario (pshhh ontario home of the bird breeders), athen i since i didnt really want get them to ship sice i dont know how shipping is with birds i decided on jenday athen there was only 3 jenday breeders in canada, there is one like 5 hours away from where i live but he alreayd sold them all and hes not that fast at getting back on emails so ive emailed if hes going to have anymore.. anyway i founda few good sun breeders kinda close to where i live so thats how i decided on a sun.

anyway ill post and upload some pics and all that a soon as im done writing this.

oh ya so ill upload some tiel pics athen asoon as i get my sun in a couple months maybe longer illl upload osme pics of them too.

-Meghan
(excuse my typing its not that i suck spelling its that i type to fast)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
I must tell you that a Sun and a Jenday conure are just abooot (my Canadiean accent there) the same bird only with different plumage colours (the English spelling for my 'friends across the pond') and maybe a touch bigger (cause everything is BIGGER IN TEXAS ... that's for you Kelly) ... the other thing you might want to check is the color of the birds DOWN UNDER (hey redballoon, nice to see you back) by their feet ...

Conures are LOVEABLE BIRDS ... the trouble you will have is making sure that you spend as much time with your new conure when you initally get him as you will want to say a year from now. Conures THRIVE (please let me stress the importance there ... THRIVE) on interaction with thier humans. You will get a screamer/behavior issues if you initally spend tons of time with your bird, and then after a month or so when you settle back into your routine and the "newness" of your baby wears off you start spending less time with him/her. That is my only caution to you! But really, I hope that you raise a well behaved conures cause they are super sweet birds.

~ Tex :50:

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Thanks the for tip Tex, thats what i was planning on doing, like still giving them attention but like trying not to over due it because im probably getting it in the summer when theres no school so im gunna try and like only give it attention in the early morning and after 3 pm which is when i would if i\school was in. Because i dont want the conure to get use d to me giving attention all daya then when school comes around again not getting as much attention as it used to and like have fuss and all that. I am getting a fairly large cage and going to get LOTS of toys and just rotated them around everytime i clean the cage which is usually atleast twice a week.

ps. I uploaded some of my tiel pics in the gallery.

slayor

Jan 1, 2007
Media
I love Canada in forth grade we made a country and mine was CANADIA I'm going snowboarding there soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go cheek out the off topic section and look for trouble

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
I must tell you that a Sun and a Jenday conure are just abooot (my Canadiean accent there) the same bird only with different plumage colours (the English spelling for my 'friends across the pond') and maybe a touch bigger (cause everything is BIGGER IN TEXAS ... that's for you Kelly)
~ Tex :50:
thanks Tex coming from a yankee that's really nice:cool: (ducking to avoid being slapped)
Yeah Megan I was looking for a sun but fell in love with the Jenday colors and it didn't really matter to me but everything worked out perfect Sidney was the last one they had left and they won't have anymore till later in the year they do ship they have even shipped to alaska so if you want the websight PM me anyways you have the right idea about lots of toys Misty my teil is scared of anything new and Sidney can't wait to attack it! also making your own toys saves alot of money and don't forget about the little things like toilet paper rolls and kleenex boxes that are great for shredding!!! and hamster chewing stick are also favorites! I need to post some pics of Sidneyin the gallery so I don't have to keep posting on here LOL

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
cool ive actually never snowboarded oir skiied before.. wait i have skiied twice and snowboarded like once buts till.. like all my freinds go boarding tho. I might learn to snowboard again ibahvent gone a really long time. anyway back on topic.

I dont really know how shipping is with animals or birds to be honest. My mo doesnt really want me to get a bird that has ot be shipped unless i like look into it because like i could end up witha dead bird by the end of it. Actually that was one of my questions that ive been meaning to ask one here, how shipping birds is like how they treat them and all that. i geuss ill make a new thread for that.
I found a sun breeder thats in washingtion with isnt that far away from where i live and is closer to the one thats in canada except i dont know how bringing birds over the border would be. aI checked on afew sites and it sound like abit of an ordeal. Like you ahve to own the bird for like atkeast 6 months and athat... i could try and sneak it over.. i mean they dont always check for security but like what if tehy did happen to check and find a bird then what would they do thats why im probablynot gong to sneak it over if i do a get a bird form washingtion.. im not sure though.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Hey Meghan

I know of lots of breeders in Canada, even though I've havn't gotten either of mine at a breeder. Just let me know if you want any of them and where your to in Canada. Also there are quite a few rescue groups depending where your located that you could try as well, if you are interested in a rescue bird.

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Hi Tracy,
I live in British Columbia. There aren't quite that many bird breeders in British Columbia. This is where i look to find bird breeders:http://www.parrotplace.ca/breeder's_list.htm, its a canadian bird breeders list by sorted by province. I know of one rescue bid group in BC but since this my first bigish parrot if you knwo what i mean, im use to tiels and budgies, this will be my first like i geuss real demanding parrot and stuff im going to go witha breeder. Ive emailed a few and a few have emailed me back but they sure seem to take there time.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
yeah Sidney was pretty tame when i got him but it has been a huge change from teils!!!! he bites and he bites hard it's all about learning to read his moods most of the time he's a little snuggle bug but ever once in awhile he gets in a mood and I'm glad he was as tame as he was when i got him!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks the for tip Tex, thats what i was planning on doing, like still giving them attention but like trying not to over due it because im probably getting it in the summer when theres no school so im gunna try and like only give it attention in the early morning and after 3 pm which is when i would if i\school was in.

Meghan you seem to have thought of that really well.

Kelli love your sig

Tex and Red, well what can we say, They will certainly bring a smile to your face when your feeling down thats for sure. :18: You get used to them honest and we wouldn't be without them.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
I suspected as much.

President Bush comes from Texas, yes?

So thats two of you so far.

*falls off his chair from laughing too hard .... *

Yeah Red, I have to agree there ... at least when birdcrazy writes though you can tell she probably speaks pretty well, unlike that OTHER person from Texas who you mentioned ... (we will not get political here ...)

birdcrazy said:
thanks Tex coming from a yankee that's really nice (ducking to avoid being slapped)

I don't mind being called a Yank, but really ... just don't say Yankee to me from April to September, and we BETTER NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THEM IN OCTOBER EITHER!!!

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots

Most Reactions