TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
:eek: Yeah, you guys are right I forgot to mention it huh ... welp Hamlet still seems to like to use the fiancee and I as his play gyms ... he really seems to want nothing to do with it ... we put him on it, with all his toys and he just screams ... we haven't figured it out yet ... so we are going to try to get some different style perches (natural type vs. the plastic that it comes with) and get a boing for it ... and maybe another rope perch for it ... we will have to keep trying with it ...

~ Tex :50:

P.S. NicholeN did you find this stand a pain to put together? I don't like the design, how the two posts are held together ...

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Would they not take it back and let you have a different one.

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
The stand hasn't been delivered yet, but hopefully early next week I'll get it. I'll let you know how I get along with it though!

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Got the playgym yesterday while I was at work and decided to put it together. Whew! What an adventure.

Tex, I completely agree that Sisqo's cage was easier to put together too. The directions aren't too clear. And to top it all off, after an hour and a half of putting it together, turns out I put the perches on upside down!! :( I didn't screw in the screws until I was done so yeah, that was a bummer. After work and that though, I was exhausted, so I'll fix it Thursday and the gym will make it's debut.

The perches are PVC, so I'm going to take some sand paper and sand it down a little bit so there's some grip to it.

Did you finally get Hamlet to go on it and enjoy?

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
yeah, but only after a rope "boing" an a few natural perches, and lots of toys ... but he only likes it if he can see us while he is on it ...

Most Reactions

Latest posts