Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Well Pepsi has been home now for almost a month (where does a month go :confused: )

Since she has been home we have made slow progress with hand taming her. She can be hand fed, allows you to scratch her head, she is getting better at letting me touch her feet while climbing around the cage.

I just took a couple of pictures to show the happiness you can see in her eyes since she has been home for awhile now.

Pepsi1.jpg

Here we start out with one of her favorite toys, that lasted all of 5 minutes.

Pepsi2.jpg

Now here she is destorying one of her many shreddable toys.

Since she hasn't had much in the way of toys for 29 years I got to buy lots for her to play with to make up for it. As you can see in the pictures she doesn't take long to figure out what to do with them. Well enjoy the pictures!!! :p

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh my, she has come on so well, You have done a wonderful job with her, she looks so happy and content playing with those toys. What a joy it must be for her. Well done to you both.

A month has gone by already. :eek: Wow how quickly it goes.

OP
Tracy842

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Today for the first time Pepsi came out of her cage on her own!!! So I got some pictures of her outside of her cage so heres a few of the probably 1000 I took.

Pepsi2-22.jpg

Pepsi2-22-1.jpg

Pepsi2-22-3.jpg

Pepsi2-22-2.jpg

I love the last one of her where you can see her pretty face, too bad they let her beak get in such bad shape but the vet did a great job fixing it as much as possible.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Pepsi is such an adorable amazon! i thnk i like the first pic the best. you cans ee her/his whole body. She looks like she has a huge personality too!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
What a very regal looking bird ... Pepsi os getting more comfortable in her new surroundings, that is great Tracy!! :35:

As a side note, looks like Pepsi has the same cage Ham does ... only Ham's cage the door goes all the way to the top of the cage ...

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Way to go Pepsi and Tracy, that is marvellous news, I'm so glad that she feels so comfortable that she is willing to come out into your world. It won't be long now before she is making your world hers. :D You have done a wonderful job with her and should feel really pleased and proud of yourselfs. I love the pics all of them she is one beautiful bird and I look forward to seeing lots more of her out and about and hearing all of her progress.

WELL DONE BOTH OF YOU.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
She is absolutely gorgeous! One very beautifull bird you have there. She has made so much progress, and that in a months time:eek: . You really then have done a great job.

Keep up the good work, she looks happy and comfortable. Her feathers look glimmering and her face too!

OP
Tracy842

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
She is my baby, even though she is older then myself. I was noticing that she was interested in coming out of her cage and finally she made the big decision. I'm happy she ended up coming home with us!!! She is eating really good now too. Finally got her eating Harrison's, fruits, vegetables, and sprouts!!! Of course she still gets nuts for treats but no more sunflower seeds and candy for her. She has to go to the vet in a couple of weeks and continue trimming her nails and beak.

Well I will update everyone on how she is doing and of course more pictures.

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
I hope everything at the vet goes well for you. That's a great thing that she came out of her cage on her own. A big sign of trust, I think.

On a side note: those foot toys are great! Where did you get them? And how do you give them to her? Do you just put them in he cage, or give them to her?

OP
Tracy842

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
On a side note: those foot toys are great! Where did you get them? And how do you give them to her? Do you just put them in he cage, or give them to her?

I got those at Parrotdise Perch which is in Calgary, AB. They do ship toys though. Pepsi loves foot toys same with Popsicle. Both their cages have three food dishes in them so I use one for food, one for water and the other is filled with foot toys. Rawhide dog bones make great foot toys too and they last a long time!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts