Bucc outside flying.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Took Bucc outside again today, he has finally got the idea that he can fly all over the place in his harness and not just 6 inches up from my hand. lol

We were outside for about 2 1/2 hours and in all that time he didn't stop, flying all over the garden. He chewed the fence to bits well took a good chunk out of it anyway, Its over the neighbours side and they are on holiday so gives me a while to come up with a good excuse, guess woodworm wouldn't work. lol
Going to eat the fence.
camera021.jpg

Getting high up in the tree.
camera026-1.jpg

Do ya really think I'm gonna come down.
camera030.jpg

I'll go tell Jemma how nasty Mum is to me. (My Daughter)
camera033.jpg

When we finally came in, I was going to take his harness off and he threw a real hissy fit, even tried to bite me (I was too quick for the little devil) We finally managed it and he went to his cage and promptly went to sleep. After he woke up he came out, and I think he is beginning to forgive me for taking his harness away.

1ststatestereo

Jul 7, 2006
Wow, those birds are something else. If I had the time to devote the attention they need, I would get one in a heartbeat!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yeah they are truly a beautiful bird with loads of character, but do need time and attention spending on them. Saying that he also has his "ME" time which is important to him. He is very happy at those times to be sitting either in his cage, (left open) or on his playarea talking and playing, thats the hardest time for me as its so funny to just sit and watch him keeping himself amused. :D

It is really nice when someone understands that they don't have the time for one of these guys, far to often people go out and get one thinking they are so easy and willing to amuse themselfs all day thats when the problems start and before you know it you have a screaming bird that no one wants. :(

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
He looks so happy.Buc is a beautiful bird.I love african greys and would have one in a flash but i am too busy with all my crew and over here they cost about $7000.00 dollars and I do not have the money.oh well I can always dream.:)

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
Great Pics! I agree with Bill, he DOES look very happy. I too am busy, and i don't have the $$$.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks guys.

Bill is that Australian Dollars. The reason I ask is that the price over here is only £595.00-£695.00 (from a breeder) That would work out at $1,477.25 - $1,725.18 That is very expensive for a grey. I use this currency converter.
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

I believe the prices in the USA are pretty much the same as here. :confused:

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I love the pictures, especially of Bucc in flight.

I believe the prices in the USA are pretty much the same as here.

They generally run from $1300. - $1500. in the pet shops here. I don't know how much they run from a breeder, but it's alot less.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks Alison, It wasn't long ago that I was trying to get him used to the harness and we were laughing about me loosing fingers. :D

Those prices are pretty good for pet store. It works out at about £680.00 - £789.00

For a Pet Store Grey here they go from £999.00 upwards thats $1906.81 plus. :eek:

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
yep Australian dollars. The cheapest I have seen even from a breeder was $4500.00.I do not think that as many people breed them here as do overseas.Blue and gold macaws still sell over here for $6500.00.I hate it but what can you do hey.:)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Best I get myself over to Austrailia, start breeding Greys. Then everyone there could have a stubborn, stroppy, tempramental, lovable rogue, :D :D :D Could I really inflict Bucc's baby's all over Austrailia. :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Think I can honestly say they would look like Bucc. :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Re: Bucc outside flying. (Aviator Harness)

Just thought I'd bring this forward again, so you can see him in his harness,

Most Reactions

Latest posts