Newbie Timneh Grey Owner

GreyMan

Mar 2, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
Parrots
Iniko - 3 year old Timneh Grey
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have a Timneh African Grey nameed Iniko. He's a little over 3 1/2 years old and will be 4 on June 26th. We hand fed him ourselves when we got him at about 7 weeks old. He's a great joy to have and is very good company.

He is quite the talker and often mimics phone rings just to see people look for their phones. While we know better now a lot of friends and guests will go to answer their cells and he'll just laugh.

Hope to meet some new friends and learn from the forum.

Andrew

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Another human owned by a Grey ... WELCOME TO THE FORUM! I would love to hear more about Iniko, I am sure you have a lot of stories (*cough* and pictures *cough*) that you can share with us!

WELCOME

~ Tex :50:

OP
G

GreyMan

Mar 2, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
Parrots
Yes, plenty of stories and here is a pic of him when he went camping with us.

niko.jpg

He is a bit of a plucker though. Went to the Avian Vet and they said his skin and everything was in top notch so it wasn't anything medically.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
So, He's a "mutha plucka" eh, hehehehe :eek: sorry, that's a really bad joke ...

Seriously, you took him camping with you, that might be it too ... I know I'd pluck myself if someone tried to take me camping ... :rolleyes: again, kidding...

Ok, FOR REAL THIS TIME: Seems like to me that he has no reason to be plucking to me, You take him with you when you go somewhere, you took him to the avian vet, I can see toys in that travel cage ... looks like he is very well taken care of .... hopefully you can get that issue figured out ... maybe it's somethign really simple like cage placement ... Good luck!

~ Tex :50:

OP
G

GreyMan

Mar 2, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
Parrots
We just moved to a new place and he seems to like it better. He wasn't nervous or anything after we moved in which is a great sign. He actually is letting feathers grow out now too. So I will cross my finger and hope for the best.

Thanks for the replies!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
We just moved to a new place ...

Bingo, I bet that has a lot to do with it! If he is letting his feathers grow back in, that is a really good sign ... Ok, breakfast time, :44:

Later all ..

:50:

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Thats great if he's letting the feathers grow back in, sounds like it was just a stress issue that caused the feather plucking. Eggs are a great help while feathers are growing back in, but of course not too much. Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
i52355349_17526_7.gif

Hi and Welcome Andrew I have two cags here and one is being handreared now, 10 weeks old today, (calls for more pics of my little darlings)
I look forward to hearing all about your Iniko and seeing lots and lots of pics.

Have fun and enjoy, We have a great bunch of people here​

Most Reactions

Latest posts