Ew i find this beyond sick

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Wow, you guys have this guys e-mail ... heheheh :54: I ain't gonna do nuthin' ... I promise ... well, maybe ...

I'm with you here Tex, doing nuthin ..................... :16: yeah right.......................... Can't you just see that email addy jumping out to you and just crying to be written to. :D

Tracy, yeah I think that it would be an idea to start on this so called "Bird Ranch" it certainly sounds like somewhere that needs to be shut down, and burnt to the ground. :D Oh if only I were closer!!!!!!!!!!

apbdt

Mar 20, 2007
that is so sad. to bad someone doesnt try to do something about. I do think someone needs to be contacted and an investigation needs to be done to this "farm"

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Well guys, we got the stuff taken off ebay, now lets see if we can't get something done about this farm. Easier said than done maybe.

Each and everyone of you should be real proud of yourselfs. :D I know I feel honoured to know every single one of you. :D

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
I've seen those too but to me the body parts were above all else. Someone said those skins were love birds. I don't know yes it bothers me and yes I don't think it's right, and yes I think we should complain. But for some reason two complete (almost complete) bodies don't bother me as much he did state they were fly fishing. All I'm saying is it doesn't appear to be one person selling tons of items. If your bird dies and you want to sell it fine i wouldn't do it but that's your business but if you are mutilating the parts like remains4u was doing that's a whole other story. I'm not condoning what this person is doing I'm just saying I don't get the impression that he's a sicko like the other guy was ignorant yes but if you look at his products they are an assortment of fishing gear. So at least it serves a purpose.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
I've seen those too but to me the body parts were above all else. Someone said those skins were love birds. I don't know yes it bothers me and yes I don't think it's right, and yes I think we should complain. But for some reason two complete (almost complete) bodies don't bother me as much he did state they were fly fishing. All I'm saying is it doesn't appear to be one person selling tons of items. If your bird dies and you want to sell it fine i wouldn't do it but that's your business but if you are mutilating the parts like remains4u was doing that's a whole other story. I'm not condoning what this person is doing I'm just saying I don't get the impression that he's a sicko like the other guy was ignorant yes but if you look at his products they are an assortment of fishing gear. So at least it serves a purpose.

Actually, Kell, if you read it again it says that the feathers could be used to make flies for fly fishing ...

Man, are we going to have to police eBay? I just reported this new item ... :mad:

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Ugh! And in this guys post he says that it's from overseas. And look what I found on E-bay:

USFWS Import/Export Licenses: All importers and exporters of wildlife must file with the USFWS a completed Declaration for Importation or Exportation of Fish or Wildlife (Form 3-177).

Now I highly doubt that he got an import/export license to sell parts of a dead bird.

And yes I do know that it says Wildlife...but once again, how do we know this bird wasn't caught in the wild and then slaughtered to make the seller $9.99?

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'm getting back in touch now, Did ebay really think that we wouldn't find this or do anything about it. Well we've done it once we can do it again. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Well done u guys. I just wonder ..sadly.. if that is what is openly going on what else is going on out there.
Lets face it children get "sold" snuff movies get made, society can be pretty blind when it is not directly affected. Factory farming is legal.. However knowing that there are people out there willling to do something, people who are not scared to care ,feeds my faith. On behalf of all the birds hacked up for ££and $$ thank you.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
WEll guys congrats on another victory! those pigmy skins have been taken off as well everything is purely feathers now!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Well done everyone, It makes me so happy when I see everyone come together and make a difference. Yep there's still gonna be idiots like these we've encountered on ebay but little by little we can make difference and thats what matters. Hopefully one day we can stop man from taking these wonderful creatures out of the wild, wouldn't that be something.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Look at this someone posted it on another forum

I wanted to share this Looks like e-bay changed it rules.This stuff WILL NO LONGER be able to be sold!!! This is quoted from the e-bay forum!

Animals and Wildlife Products

You are not permitted to list or sell any living, dead creatures, animals and/or the whole or any part of any animal which has been kept or preserved by any means whether artificial or natural including rugs, skins, specimens of animals, antlers, horns, hair, feathers, nails, teeth, musk, eggs, nests, other animal products of any description the sale and purchase of which is prevented or restricted in any manner by applicable laws (including those prohibited under The Wildlife Protection Act, 1972).

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including

Listing or Want It Now post cancellation
Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
Limits placed on account privileges
Loss of PowerSeller status
Account suspension
Some Examples Hide

Live Animals: Live animals and pets may not be listed on eBay.
Stuffed Birds: Any part of any native or migratory bird or protected species or any native or migratory bird or other protected species nest or egg may not be listed on eBay. Migratory birds include all ducks, hawks, crows, ravens, owls and geese. Native Australian Birds include (but are not limited to) Lyre Birds, Tawny Frogmouths, and parrots.
Other Animal Parts: Endangered or protected species, or any part of any endangered or protected species may not be listed on eBay.
Bear Products: Bears and bear products (for example, bear teeth, claws, and rugs) are not permitted on eBay.
Animal pelts and skins: Animal parts, including pelts and skins from endangered species (such as leopards, tigers, cheetahs, jaguars, sable antelopes, mountain zebras, and Hartmann mountain zebras) may not be sold on eBay.
Marine Mammal Products: Marine mammal products, including but not limited to polar bear, sea otter, whales (baleen and ivory), porpoise, dolphins, and seals, may not be listed for sale on eBay.
Internal Organs of Animals: Internal organs of animals (for example, bear gall bladders) may not be listed on eBay.

For more information you may refer to The Wildlife Protection Act, 1972

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yeah, :jumping40 I think we can all give ourselfs a quick pat on the back for taking a part in this. Well done to all at Parrot Forums. A great place with the best members ever. :jumping40

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Thats great to see Kelli!!! You took this as your mission and wow did you ever go above and beyond!!!! I'm still looking into finding this so called "bird ranch".

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
Wow guys! I thought maybe a couple of you would report him when i read this but you guys did a lot to get those removed. Great job :D
Cant imagine what was going through that guys mind.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts