TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
So, becuse of this April snow storm a great number of people in my state (about 35,000 as of last count) are without power, we are one of those households. I think the power went out around here at like 2:30 ish AM early this morning ... I had to work today so I got to go to work without showering/washing ... :eek: ... Luckily Christy was home today and was with Hamlet who got to have a really big adventure today.

It was getting really cold in the apartment so Christy took herself and Hamlet to her parent's house. Well, later in the day we found out that we weren't expected to get our power back until Saturday Night ... :eek: ... so we made a decision to board Hamlet at Parrot-Safari (our favorite parrot store) so that he would be ok, because we both have to work tomorrow and didn't want him in the cold by himself all day. She took him over there like 2 hours ago ... I come home from work at like 7:30 tonight and my alarm clocks are all blinking 12:04 which means that the power had been on for like 4 minutes. So now, Hamlet is in a strange place, with strange people and strange birds, without his happy hut to sleep in and for no reason at all ... They closed at 7:00 so I can't go get him ... :17: ... it's way too quiet in this apartment, and I miss that little bugger!

~ Tex

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
haha! thats gotta suck! last december our power went out for 4 and half days!

well atleast you got your power back! and poor little hamlet stuck with a bunch of random birds.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Aww Tex.. just think of it as vacation from Hamlet, a break in away. You can always get him in the morning tomorrow. :D

i wonder what hamlet is doing right now though... screaming? sleeping? playing with toys? chirping?... lol i know im totally bugging you. :D .... :(

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
ok you guys three words Move To Texas! we are all freaking out here because the low is going to be 36 this weekend and it's April! at least the highs have been in the 80s all week :)

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
ok you guys three words Move To Texas! we are all freaking out here because the low is going to be 36 this weekend and it's April! at least the highs have been in the 80s all week :)

LMAO where i live everyone is excited because its gunna reach 20 tomorrow LOL!

wait is that fahrenheght or celsius?

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
it's in the US we are talking fahrenheght

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Tex don't worry, I'm sure he's having a good time with all the other birds.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thats gotta be awful, I really do feel for you guys, but at least you know that he was warm and comfortable, and you didn't have the know that your power was gonna come back on.

We moan here when our power goes out, but think the longest it has been out is about 3 hours,

Snow, :eek: :eek: Hope you don't get any more of that.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
it's in the US we are talking fahrenheght

ohh well then 80f is like 27c celsius and 20c is 68f lol i jus did the temp. converter.

Do you have Hamlet back? or are you going to wait till saturday? and have a little 'vacation' from him. lol

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
HAMLET IS HOME!!!

I went and got him after work today, he was so happy to see me, he jumpped for me and then curled up in my jacket. Best part, besides having Ham back, Concetta didn't charge us to board him over-night ... so, since I didn't have to pay for the boarding Hamlet got new toys!:D All is 'normal' again!

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
haha thats awesome!!! new toys fr hamlet is even better though lol! but hamlet is back in action at home... yey.. :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh thats great, I'm sure you both missed him, as I'm sure he missed you.

Didn't charge thats great, even better is hamlet gets new toys. Can never have too many toys. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts