My brothers new Teils

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
Sulfur Crested Cockatoo ~ Blue Quaker to be
lol thats pretty cool and ur a freshman too. One of the guys at my school..onea my best freinds actually is a couple hours younger than me. Her wings are clipped so I dont have ne troubles with her flyin. I like the Segnals n Jendays..they're pretty birds.

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That is amazing work you have done with Sadie, It just goes to show what a little love and patience can do for a bird. You should be so very proud of yourself for everything you have acheived with her.

Your brothers tiels are very pretty,

Have to agree with Tex here, our younger members (and I mean no disrespect there) should all be proud of themselfs, for what they have managed to do.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
OK while we are all getting to know each other better I will be 17 on 7/13 I love my flock I got interested in bird when I bird set my cousins parakeets when I was about 10 I decided I wanted a bird and really loved the way love birds looked just like mini parrots. So we my mom and I looked everywhere for a hand fed love bird and finally found 2 at a petstore after visiting them and playing with the birds I found a cockatiel was a much better match for me the love birds were just to flighty and the cockatiel would just sit still and let me love on it. So I got the teil and at that time I had several hamsters a bunny rabbit two dogs and some fish. Well about 2 years later we had to move to an apartment for a year so I had already regomed the hamsters one was mean and one had something wrong with it - I found a home for the bunny - one of the dogs went to the animal shelter whre they had a waiting list of people wanting to adopt that breed (we would have kept him but he was a stray that came up and after he grew up our other dog and him were constantly fighting) - and we moved the teil (misty) my dog (bunny) and my fish an african cichlid (squishy) to the apartment. after being there for about a year we moved again to another city to a rent house by that time squishy had died and we were down to bunny and Misty. Well Bunny was about 8 years old the best dog ever she had suffered through alot of health problems and finally got an infection and never recovered. So then we jsut had misty for about months then I got Torre my new puppy any by that time I knew I wanted to add another bird because after having a wide variety I knew birds were my favorite. So I researched for about a year and in January after a generous christmas present from my lawyer uncle decided that I wanted to go with a sun or jenday conure when I saw the picture of Sidney on the web i fell in love with him and said to myself I have to have him and so off I went to pick him up. Then I decided Misty needed a friend someone to hopefully distract her from laying eggs all the time and found an add for handfed baby cockatiels for 40 dollars I know that is really cheap but the lady mostyly does larger birds she just did cockatiels cuz she like them so she sold them cheaper. So then Daisy joined the family. So that has been my expereince with my critters and now I am hopelessly lost in the avian world and am pursuing a BA in biology so I can become a zoo keeper then own my own pet store and do it right! Peta will be allowed to come and inspect anytime she wants! So that is my very long and detailed story please excuse the run ons and fragments :)

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
wow thats pretty awsome....Ive had quite a variety of pets too but im just down to my Filly Echo, Cockatoo Sadie, and soon to be Blue Quaker Tyran...im so excited i get to handfeed him:p :D But heres my list of stuff that ive ever had...birds, sugar gliders, hamsters, dogs, cats, horses, lizards, fish, mice, rats, snakes, chinchillas, and hedgehogs. I think thats it. I was thinking about doing somethin is Biology but i decided that I dont want to work with animals as I guess my love has grown out for them cept the horses and birds I could never live without those:)

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Ive had, hamsters, cats, dogs, budgies, tiels, spiders(lol if those count), centipedes, stick bugs, and fish. My cousin has a chinchilla its so cute! oh and ihad a rat once... but ididn;t get to keep it long :(

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Wow, Kelli that's a lot of stuff happening in a short space of time.

I've also had a regular zoo here up until about a year ago, there were:-
2 dogs, I cat, 5 rabbits, 5 g/pigs, 16 parakeets 30 odd pond fish, aquarium of 5 fish, and Bucc,

Now we are down to the dogs, cat pond fish, 9 little guys, (parakeets) 2 Greys think thats everyone.
Still looking to add a male red rump parakeet and soon to have 2 leopard gecko's

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
lol nice nice:p

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
HA! Your husband is going to have your head if he see this whole thread! :D

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
But heres my list of stuff that ive ever had...birds, sugar gliders, hamsters, dogs, cats, horses, lizards, fish, mice, rats, snakes, chinchillas, and hedgehogs.

I had a sugarglide once! They're so cute. But yeah, that pretty much sounds like my zoo too, except minus the horses, chinchillas, and hedgehog and add ferrets, prairie dogs, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, ducks and turtles!

Bootheogy

Jul 9, 2009
ñåðâåð âåíòðèëî äëÿ èãð

Âñåì äîáðîãî âðåìåíè ñóòîê...Åñëè êòî òî èùåò ñåðâåð Ventrilo äëÿ ñâîåãî êëàíà.Ó ìåíÿ åñòü ñåðâåð Âåíòðèëî(àðåíäîâàííûé) åñëè êîìó íóæåí ñåðâåð ìîãó îòäàòü ïîä êëàí, ãèëüäèþ...Ïèøèòå ìíå â ICQ: 4664184P.S. Óâàæàåìûå ìîäåðàòîðû è àäìèíèòðàöèÿ ôîðóìà, ïðîøó, åñëè ÿ çàïîñòèë íå â òîò ðàçäàë, ïðîñüáà ïåðåíåñòè â íóæíûé, Çàðàíåå ñïàñèáî.

Most Reactions

Latest posts