makes me sick..

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
New Zealand
Microwave killer jailed

A teen who used a microwave to kill a pet budgie he stole from a school classroom has been sent to prison for nine months. Ashley James Daldy, 18, pleaded guilty to eight charges of burglary and one of cruel treatment of an animal, the Waikato Times newspaper reported yesterday. Prosecutors told Hamilton District Court Daldy had broken into the school where he was once a pupil on three occasions, stealing the bird, computer equipment and a video. He later put the budgie in a microwave oven. Judge Anne McAloon said on Monday that killing the bird was a "particularly nasty offense" but the eight burglaries were more serious.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That is sickening, but you know what I find even more sickening is the fact that Killing a bird (or any live animal) is classed as
"particularly nasty offfence"
and yet burglaries are classed as
eight burglaries were more serious
Its a sad world we seem to live in now. :mad:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Gee, I wonder what that judge would thinik of the beating I would give that guy if he had done that to MY BIRDIE ... (I'd like to put a 'mad' face here, but there isn't one angry looking enough for me right now).

~ Tex

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Everytime I read that I just get so mad, I'd love 2 mins alone with that guy, Just two mins thats all.

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
That's interesting how those things were stolen so he could umm...kill the bird. Without that "nasty offense", he wouldn't have committed the "more serious" ones.

Interesting about the video camera. It wouldn't surprise me if he was going to tape it and put it on YouTube or something. Gross.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Interesting about the video camera. It wouldn't surprise me if he was going to tape it and put it on YouTube or something. Gross.

Unfortunately that would never surprise me. :mad:

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
SO that's horrible but I have started this week off on an extreemly depressing note - 33 VA Tech kids dead, this little parakeet, and then a little boy down the street was molested and murdered! I need a pick me up the world is so evil!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Kelli, I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time, Its terrible the way that humans will treat another human being and animals. Unfortunately its not the world thats evil, only us humans. Thank goodness we have a little bit of heaven with us everyday.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
that is sick... just sick..killing an animal i think is worse than any burglary(unless it was stealing an animal)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah, isn't it disgusting that the pain and death of an animal, seems to come second to that of the loss of a few material items. :mad:

Most Reactions

Latest posts