Parakeet Maze

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
When I was young, my first bird was a very cool parakeet named 'Chip'. I used to make mazes for him and see how fast he could make his way through them. He was very good at it. Well I spent the last two day making a large maze for my daughters keets (takes me a while to do anything because of the nerve damage). I will post pictures shortly, when I get them uploaded to my site so that I can post them here. I hope her keets enjoy the maze as much as mine did.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That sounds really cool. Can't wait to see the pics.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Here are the pictures. The maze measures 28 inches long and 22 inches wide. It has 28 seperate rooms with doors, 5 of which are dead ends. So the birds actually have to think about it in order to complete it. Please excuse the visible tape, don't have bird safe paint to use to cover it with.

Inside the maze with cover off:
Misc_069_op_800x600.jpg

Misc_070.jpg

With cover on, like when in use. The holes on top and sides are for light, and so we can see where the birds are without lifting the cover:
:

Misc_072.jpg

Misc_071.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That is so cool, hope your daughters parakeets enjoy it. Thanks for sharing this, let us know how they like it.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Well they were not as thrilled about it as my keet was, but they do okay, they made it about 1/3 of the way through. They will get better at it I'm sure.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Keep us posted of their progress, I'm sure that in time they will love it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts