Minzer, I thought of you today ...

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Yay for Iggy... how is the little pin cushin anyways? he grumpy and nippy or is he happy to be home?

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
He seems to be really tired...he's sitting on his dinner stand right now dozing, but at least he ate a little first. I tried to put my hand in his carrier at the vet, but I got growled at and promptly removed it (at least he gave me warning). But he hasn't tried any attacks...I think he's a little sore and extremely worn out. And there's blood on his foot, so I'm going to have to be careful about watching the incision...

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Christy and I are very happy that Iggy is OK, let's hope that this is all that needs to happen to him!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yah for Iggy, I'm so glad that he's home. Lets hope that something good will come from what he's been through.

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Today I had to give him some pain meds...that was fun...I don't know how much actually got into him...but I guess it was better than nothing. He's still being pretty quiet, but I guess that is to be expected. Chase put him back in his cage without an oven mitt and didn't get attacked! Small steps...

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Did you have to give him his meds orally through a syringe? Or did you give him a shot? (I don't really think they'd let someone take home needles to poke their bird with though, but just asking)

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Yea, it's an oral drug, Meloxicam. I think that he's going to get smarter each day and it's going to get harder to give. Chase toweled him and I tried to shoot it in...took a few tries. :rolleyes:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh he'll get pretty smart, but you're expecting it so I'm sure you'll do just fine. :D At least if he has a mind too, he can only get the sryinge, in which case you squirt it in quick and then run. :D

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
You'll just get craftier with it. Sisqo bit the tips off of all his before we knew it and I had to get him some new ones. So far he's only bitten the tip off of one in the past 3 months, so either we're getting better at it, or he's getting used to it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts