need a cage

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Ok, I am going to go put money down on a cute little A.G. so no one else can get their hands him while I get the cage together..... In the mean time I am having issues finding the cage I need.... what is a good size cage that won't cost me as much as my new friend... I have looked up some good cage sizes but all the sites suggest diffrent things ....what is a good size and can you direct me to a good place to buy one

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
if you're in the states this sight offers free shipping for purchases over 35 I love their selection! also have lots of great toys and things!

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
what site is that?
I found a couple on ebay for a good price, which means I could go bigger.

I love birds but at the same time I feel bad that they are in a cage no matter what size... so the more room she/he has the better.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Think we are both having a very funny day today Kelli, I've just had to go and delete about 6/7 posts as I'd posted the same thing over and over again.
36_11_6.gif

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZSYYYYYYYYGB&utm_id=7923

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
HAHA thats kind of funny I have that vary same cage book marked (2nd one)

...and I just put a bid down on it. :)

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That is a lovely cage. And a real good price. There's no way we could get it that price not even on ebay uk. :mad: Now going to check my facts, have a quick look.

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Yeah I am thinking that it is a good price including the S/H.... god knows I have looked at SO many cages

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Have just checked ebay uk and a cage of roughly the same size was about $391 :eek:

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
well I will let you guys know how the cage comes out when I get it. Thats all I am waiting for before Pickles can come home... You think thats a good name for a parrot? I like it even if he isn't green.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Dont worry your not the only one trying to get cages. I bought a cockatiel cage and now have to wait a while before i can buy one for the big guy. Pickles would have been fitting for a green bird i guess, taking i have a very big green one:D .

Other good news is i made him a very big playstand today, its even taller than me, but you'll have to wait for pics, still need accessories and batteries!!!

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I am thinking I am going to be making my own play stand too...
with the forced help of my boyfriend.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I think Pickles is a wonderful name, even if he's not green. Its beautiful.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Pickles is a great name, so much different then my birds names, i only have usual names here! I "slaugthered" a whole tree today to make my stand. Well it was a small tree that is:p . Will post pics on how it looks soon.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Look forward to seeing the pics, the stand sounds really cool.

Most Reactions