View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Fang (9yo (ab)normal grey cockatiel), HRH Crown Princess Lilly Pilly (purple-crowned lorikeet gotcha date 28 Oct 2018) & Valentino (budgie, gotcha date 14 Feb 2019 at approx 6mo)
Thanked 9,722 Times in 2,598 Posts
LaManuka is on a distinguished road
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present....

Well it's been a few daze since I've bored you all to death with pics of Princess Lilly so here goes.....

Here she is demolishing a bouquet of eucalypt flowers which I risked my life and limb raiding from our local primary school. I get out there at some ungodly hour of the morning with my trusty secateurs in hand before the scary groundskeeper gets there and harvest whatever I can find and beat a hasty retreat (you can just see it now can't you!)

The main flowering seasons for many eucalypt species are winter and spring so I have NO idea what i'm going to do once there's no more blossom available and she gets ravenous - she's a tiny little thing but she's relentless when she wants something!

PS Thanks to Scott I finally worked out how to post BIG pictures... thanx Scott!

PPS Lilly shown here larger than actual size!!!

"Words speak us more than we speak them.” Hercule Poirot (He may be fictional, but he’s my favourite “Belgian upstart”!)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LaManuka For This Useful Post:
Anansi  (12-14-2018), ChristaNL (12-12-2018), GaleriaGila  (12-14-2018), noodles123 (02-03-2019), Rozalka (12-12-2018), Scott  (12-16-2018), TiredOldMan Supporting Member (12-12-2018)