Rooster Roy

Dave

Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania-USA
Parrots
1 pet CAG--1 pet TAG--1 pet YC Macaw--2 pet Quakers--3 prs of breeder greys--not pets
This farmer has about 200 hens, but no rooster, and he wants chicks. So, he goes down the road to the next farmer and asks if he has a rooster which he would sell. The other farmer says, "Yeah, I've got this great rooster named Roy. He'll service every chicken you got, no problem."
Well, Roy the rooster costs a lot of money, but the farmer decides
he'd be worth it. So, he buys Roy.
The farmer takes Roy home and sets him down in the barnyard. He gave
the rooster a pep talk. "Roy, I want you to pace yourself now. You've got a lot of chickens to service here, and you cost me a lot of money. I'll need you to do a good job. So, take your time and have some fun," the farmer said, with a chuckle.
Roy seemed to understand, so the farmer points toward the hen house,
and Roy took off like a shot.- WHAM! - Roy nails every hen in the hen house -- three or four times-- and the farmer is really shocked.
After that the farmer hears a commotion in the duck pen. Sure enough, Roy is in there.
Later, the farmer sees Roy after a flock of geese. Once again, - WHAM! - He gets all the geese. By sunset he sees Roy out in the fields chasing quail and pheasants. The farmer is distraught -- worried that his expensive rooster won't even last 24 hours.
Sure enough, the farmer goes to bed and wakes up the next day, to find Roy dead as a doorknob--stone cold in the middle of the yard. Buzzards are circling overhead.
The farmer, saddened by the loss of such a colorful and expensive animal,
shakes his head and says, "Oh Roy, I told you to pace yourself. I tried to
get you to slow down, now look what you've done to yourself."
Roy opens one eye, nods toward the buzzards circling in the sky and
says, "Shhhh, they're getting closer...

=================================================

Most Reactions

Latest posts