Hello

roximill

May 25, 2007
Delta, OH
Parrots
Malcolm, Red Lored Amazon, rescued from neglect situation
Hello everyone!! My name's Roxanne. I have a Red Lored Amazon whose name is Malcolm. I got him 3 1/2 weeks ago from a serious neglect situation. He was malnourished, his beak and nails hadn't been touched in at least 4 years, and he was FULL of infection (yeast, bacteria). The cage he had been kept in had (I kid you not) at LEAST 2 inches of droppings in it. My avian vet told me if I hadn't rescued him, he probably would have only lived about 2 more weeks.
Malcolm is the first parrot I've ever had, (I usually do furry-critter rescues), so I'm reading and trying to absorb everything I can get my hands on about these guys. My husband and I fell for Malcolm instantly, and although Malcolm decided I was to be his favorite human, he has been getting better and better about being around and being handled by my husband.
I could just talk all day about Malcolm, but I don't want to bore you all.
Roxanne

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Welcome to Parrot Forums, its great to have you here, we have a few members here with Amazons who will be able to answer any questions you may have, Even those of us who don't have amazons will chip in with our 2 cents worth. :D

Bore us, you could never bore us with talk of your fids, and Pictures well we just love to see pics of them, in fact any and all animals, well you may hear me scream if its snakes and spiders :eek: but hey,

Look forward to hearing all about you Malcom and your other critters you have about. Have a great time here and enjoy yourself we all do. :D We are one big happy family

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
WELCOME!!!

Could never get bored hearing about good humans who rescue good birds from bad humans and horrible situations!

Another Amazon to add to our ranks!! Wonderful, our little flock is growing so quickly which is just amazing! Can't wait to see pics ... lots of pics ... and just so you know, and I am surprised that Peta didn't mention it in her post; but, we do have a fee for all of our advise/friendship and that is lots of pictures! :D

I can offer you your first bit of advice on getting over a "disfavored human" just let me know and I can give you a link!

~ :50: Tex

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Well come on Tex, why would Christy want you now, especially when she's got Hamlet and Mac. :D Be careful you may find yourself out on your ear. :D

Sorry forgot about the fee. :eek:

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
That is so great that you rescued your guy! It's so sad to hear about birds that get mistreated, but it's great that you took him in. I wish you lot's of luck and if you have any questions at all, just ask.

Welcome to the Forum!!

nzchickadee

May 15, 2007
Media
Christchurch Nw Zealand!
Parrots
Budgie
Welcome!
As a relatively new newbie I would like to ensure you that this lot a a friendly nonjudgemental, and very.....um..special group of people, that will make you feel right at home with their advice and ecouragement ;)

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Halloo welcome I have an orange wing called Roxy..... awe my husband calls her Roxanne when she is naughty....:03:

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Welcome to the parrot forums!!! I also have an Amazon from the exact same situation :mad: How people could do this, but I better not start ranting and roaring. The people here have lots of great advice and yes we need to see lots of pictures. :D

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Welcome to Parrot Forums!

Hi there, Welcome to the forum. Im Meghan, i have 4 birds, two budgies, and two cockatiels. I dont have much experiance really with larger type birds but i have researched them a lot. As you may of noticed this forum has got a good sense of humour. I look forward to hearing more about you, and you amazon. :) and yes Pictures would be good too. :) I think that was a wonderful thing did for that amazon by the way, as for anyone rescueing a bird.

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Welcome! I have a Yellow Crowned Amazon. I'm glad to hear how in love with Malcolm you are, sounds like he found the perfect home! I look forward to hearing stories and seeing tons of pictures!

Skysquawker

Apr 23, 2007
Texas
Parrots
White Eyed Conure--Shamus

Mitred Conure--Scarlet

Quakers--Kelly & Mr. Jingles

Tiels--Maria, Colonel and General

Green-cheek---Harley Bookins

Congos--Lucy and Bandit

American Keets--C
Sorry, I am late on this....but welcome. Malcolm is so lucky you came into his life. Please keep us updated on how he is coming along.

Pam

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
Sulfur Crested Cockatoo ~ Blue Quaker to be
Hey Welcome...sry im alil late on this lol, ive been so busy:rolleyes: but its good to see another new member:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts