View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Parrots:
Ta-dah 8yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years passed 2018
Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,770 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road
Re: New Member, chronic egg laying help!

Hi welcome!;! Glad you joined! Sorry you're having egg laying issues! Very frustrating. I offered one avenue to try is to really amp up physical activities, and mental activities. Start keeping track of weights, so you know if she is carring an egg, in case egg binding. Then ask vet if you can try lowering her weight , so she is not in prime egg laying condition. Rearrange the cage, and move the cage to a new location, and change the location of the cage every few months, supposed to make them not feel comfortable in the new territory. Those are things I have read, not from personal experience.....but when members have problems I research and read up. To see what non traditional things might work. I read an article that more activities helps. I wish you luck.
Allee  (01-11-2019), clark_conure Supporting Member (01-09-2019), EllenD (01-11-2019), Scott  (01-09-2019)