View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Parrots:
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F), Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F), Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
Thanked 1,114 Times in 386 Posts
Aratingettar is on a distinguished road
Re: possibly laying an egg?

@EllenD I'm greatly impressed by your knowledge on Parrot's health and medical procedures and all.. It's strange, but as you say it it seems... reassuring?.. (not sure if it's the right word here). Kind of "These things can be controlled" feeling.

@SunnyGirl I can only imagine what you're going through, and must admit I wouldn't like to be in your position. But it seems that Sunny's Vet is a person that knows the procedures.. initially, after EllenD wrote about the implant, I thought to myself "OK it can be _THAT EASY_ in the US, but what about Europe, and especially the ex-communist countries which are still less developed than the "Old western countries". But your Vet knows it and even suggests it, and that means they're "up to date".
I believe that you must be freaking out inside, I would that, too, knowing Cytrynka could possibly need surgery. But, as EllenD wrote, many birds have done it previously, and are in great shape and of good health.

But hopefully, things will work out for Sunny and you without the need for surgery. Which is what I do wish to both of you Meanwhile, as Christa wrote, try to find something that will occupy your mind. It's not easy, but definitely "doable".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aratingettar For This Useful Post:
Laurasea Supporting Member (01-09-2019), SunnyGirl (01-09-2019)