View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Ta-dah 5yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years passed 2018
Thanked 6,511 Times in 2,261 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello from Appalachia Maryland

Hi and welcome! This is the inside temp of your house?? Brrrr
I always recommend the Sweeter Heater as sold on Amazon. I hang it on it's side though not overhead.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CY..._t3_B01CYUS7XK
This heater is a radiant heat panal that hangs outside the cage, and the smallest size they make is perfect. It puts out a lot of heat, so they need to be able to move away from it, I hang mine in lowere outside corner of the cage, with a perch inside the cage right in front of it , if they want more heat. And don't cover the cage completely so the heat can escape. I've used this heater for 18 years, so I am really happy with it!!! It's no light , just radiant heat. Put your hand a few inches from it and wait you will feel the heat.
Welcome, you found an active and careing forum here with lots of experience and diverse ideas to solve parrot problems, and just to cellibrate birds!

Last edited by Laurasea; 01-10-2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Added link
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laurasea For This Useful Post:
Allee  (01-11-2019), GaleriaGila Supporting Member (01-10-2019), Scott  (01-10-2019)