More Pets

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison said:
Ya scared me there for a minute!:eek: I'm glad you clarified that. If you have questions, ask away. :)

Thanks Alison, you might just regret saying that!!:04:

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Karen, I have to ask you yet another question. I got another Leopard Gecko today. The poor thing is extremely malnutritioned and her water, when she had any, was stagnant and had dead crickets in it. I finally got the owner to give it to me after having seen it in that terrible state of neglect on several occasions. She is the same age as mine, about a year old, but her tail is very skinny and her body is only half the thickness as mine. The colors are dark and dull and she is lethargic. She looks like death on legs. Is there anything special I can, or should do to help her survive and get healthy? I feel so bad for her.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
OMG, the poor little thing, thank goodness the lady gave him/her to you before it was too late for the poor little thing. Fraid I can't help as I know nothing about them. I'm sure Karen will know though. Good luck with him, if anyone can pull him through I'm sure you can. Let us know how you get on.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Well I think the little Gecko is going to be okay. :) I wasn't able to obtain any help from anyone online, so I got a book on Leopard Gecko's. They eat crickets, and the book said I should feed the crickets fish food, of all things, to load them up with all sorts of healthy stuff and then feed them to the Gecko's 24-48 hours after the 'loading' process. This is supposed to be better for them than just feeding them the crickets 'as is' when I buy them. This seems to be working because she is putting on weight and she is much more active and healthy looking now. Like I said, I think she is going to pull through this.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison said:
Well I think the little Gecko is going to be okay. :) I wasn't able to obtain any help from anyone online, so I got a book on Leopard Gecko's. They eat crickets, and the book said I should feed the crickets fish food, of all things, to load them up with all sorts of healthy stuff and then feed them to the Gecko's 24-48 hours after the 'loading' process. This is supposed to be better for them than just feeding them the crickets 'as is' when I buy them. This seems to be working because she is putting on weight and she is much more active and healthy looking now. Like I said, I think she is going to pull through this.

:jumping40 I am so glad for you and little Gecko, I was wondering what was going on. As for help online, we seem to have gone very quiet for some reason. Not quite sure what can be done for that, so any suggestions would be very welcome.

I look forward to seeing pics of little Gecko, I knew that if anyone could pull him through you could. Well done Alison. I am so glad for you. :D

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
I look forward to seeing pics of little Gecko, I knew that if anyone could pull him through you could. Well done Alison. I am so glad for you.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) The darker one in the back is the new one:

Misc_090.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks for sharing the pic with us Alison, he is a cute little fella :04: Are they male or female, or are you going to wait to find that out. hehehehe

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
I don't know what they are actually. I read about how to tell the difference, but I'm still not sure. I think Lizzy, the original one, is a boy and Smily is a girl, but, like I said, I'm not real sure. It really doesn't matter to me what they are, as long as they get along okay.

Dave

Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania-USA
Parrots
1 pet CAG--1 pet TAG--1 pet YC Macaw--2 pet Quakers--3 prs of breeder greys--not pets
If I have a little chat with your Gecko, ya think I can get a better rate on my car insurance?---Dave

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
If I have a little chat with your Gecko, ya think I can get a better rate on my car insurance?---Dave

Hey, if you want to try, come on over. ;)

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Well the little Gecko is doing great. I have been loading the crickets before feeding them to the lizards and it's working out great. She is much stronger and faster now and can catch the crickets without my having to slow them down for her. They are loving the bigger tank that they are in also. Feeding time is quite funny actually because my cats sit glued to the tank watching them. I think that is the longest amount of time the cats are still while being awake. :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That is brilliant news Alison. I have often wondered how she was getting on.

That is too funny about the cats sitting and watching them. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts