Helping find a Canary a new home.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I got a little Canary yesterday that I am helping find a new home. It's really cute. I don't get many of them here, so it's a pleasant (and quite ;) )surprise.

Birds_118.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
He is so cute, wish I lived closer, he would have a home straight away. :p Can't see you having much trouble finding him a home. (or do people tend to go for the bigger birds) I wish you all the luck finding the little guy a new home. Let us know how you get on.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
(or do people tend to go for the bigger birds)

It's a mixed bag really. Some people want bigger birds while others enjoy the melody of the small birds. :) It won't be hard to get this little bird a good home. I have someone in mind, but they are gone for the holiday at the moment.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison, do you still rescue when you can, or is it a case of people just bring them to you. I do love the canary song, its so pretty.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Alison, do you still rescue when you can

As you know, I closed the rescue when I got injured, however, I just decided a couple days ago to re-open on a smaller scale. I have improved a little bit and think that I can care for a few birds now with the help of my daughter, just not as many as I used to. Of course, even when I was 'closed', I still took emergency intakes if the animal control officer needed me, or if a humane society needed my help. I don't forsee being able to take on as much as I did before anytime in the next couple years, but I figure that even a little help is better than no help at all. :)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison, that is great. Those birds are so lucky that you are there for them. (does that mean more pics of the rescues) :smile046: :35: :jumping40 ;)

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
:jumping40 :umbrella: :worship2: :angel: I wish i was not in Illinois.... I would love her-him....

Most Reactions

Latest posts