Kito is Hiding

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
This morning I was getting the fids out and ready for the day ahead, Bucc will go to his Java Tree and do his business, but Kito flies off, anyway after sorting Bucc out it was Kito's turn went to all the usual places and no sign of him, after what seemed like hours I found him.

Picture028.jpg
He had been sitting in the same position as the other grey, but by the time I got my camera he had moved. It was just so funny. The other Grey used to have air plants on them but they had to be removed, (couldn't find anything bout airplants and parrots so off they came.)

Look what I can do.
Picture027.jpg

I'll get him,
Picture029.jpg

The original title of this post was "Losing Kito" but thought that might be too much of a shock first thing in the morning. :D

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
ah ha a master of disguise...maybe u should have called him Kato as in the pink panther films ...! the wee guy that hides and attacks Clousseu:cool:

not now Kato

Last edited:
OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah may have to think about that one Karen. :D :D

But what if he starts jumping out and attacking ME :eek::D

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Wow he really blends in well there. I could probably walk past him and not even notice he was there!!! :D

Skysquawker

Apr 23, 2007
Texas
Parrots
White Eyed Conure--Shamus

Mitred Conure--Scarlet

Quakers--Kelly & Mr. Jingles

Tiels--Maria, Colonel and General

Green-cheek---Harley Bookins

Congos--Lucy and Bandit

American Keets--C
That is so funny....:jumping40 I love the look on his face too...he looks quite proud of himself...lol.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah he blends in so well, I've since walked passed him a few times, and he always looks so proud of himself. Now at bedtime thats where he goes to, :D Kinda like if she can't see me I can't go to bed. :D

Dominique

Apr 10, 2007
Ga, USA
Parrots
Harley~B&G~F~3
Echo Bella~CAG~F~2
Lucy~Vos/SI Ekkie~F~8
LOL! Too cute! Echo did a disapearing act this morning. He was on his play perch, and then he was gone. I looked everywhere and saw the door going outside open. Panic attack! When I turned around, there he was, sitting on a bar stool scrunched under the bar so I couldn't see him! Silly chicken!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks Dominique, :eek: :eek: that would certainly have made me panic. Thank goodness she didn't go outside.
Its scary when you can't find them and there's no way they can get out but when you see an open door think I would have cried.

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
HAHA, its a parrot totem pole :35:

yeah Cricket likes to hide under the table/chair and peek out like I dont see him. Also like sticking her beak in my shoe :eek: weirdo bird

once she was walking around and I really could find her I started freaking because I didnt leave the room so where the heck could she have gone, my brother started laughing so I look under the coffee table again and she was under my brothers hat... I think my brother gave her some help with that one, but she stood very still and and stayed quiet :cool:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Kito is a great one for walking on and playing on the floor, (not used to that as Bucc has never got on the floor) any way, I was hoovering one day and really couldn't find Kito, I had to empty the hoover as I was confinced I'd hoovered him up. (not sure how I thought he'd gone up the pipe without me noticing, but it was first thing in the morning) He had gone back in his cage and I didn't think to look there. :D

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
I wish I had this issue ... I always know where my birdies are ... if they aren't in their cages they are attached to either Christy of myself ... The only reason Hamlet goes to his playstand is for poops

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Give it time Tex, I'll remind you of your post one day. :D

Dominique

Apr 10, 2007
Ga, USA
Parrots
Harley~B&G~F~3
Echo Bella~CAG~F~2
Lucy~Vos/SI Ekkie~F~8
LOL, yes, once I was convinced I vacumed my bird up too! I saw a feather go up the pipe and flipped!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Isn't that a horrible feeling, all rational thinking goes out the window.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
LOL, yes, once I was convinced I vacumed my bird up too! I saw a feather go up the pipe and flipped!

How, exactly, could you vaccuum up a Grey or, for that matter, a B&G ... I mean c'mon now you'd have to have an awefully big Hoover to do this ...

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Well thats the thing Tex, you can't but when they decide to walk around on the floor when you are hoovering, and then you can't find them, thats when all rational thinking goes out the window. :D :eek:

Most Reactions