I'm mad as hell!!!!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Today, we needed to get some supplies for the birds and dogs, so off we go to the pet store, I'm not a great fan of this place, usually the birds nails are far to long, (this is the same place that had the rosella with the very long nail) anyway, in we go, decide I should go look at the birds :eek: OMG there were some very happy birds there but, there were these two little Linnies, one of them had been plucked almost bare, right down his back and all round his neck, he really looked unwell. I mentioned this to the manager there and she said "Oh he's okay, thats what CANARIES :eek: do to each other" I explained that her canaries were in fact, Linnies she just turned round and said well thats what Linnes do. No I said, I have linnies a pair of them, and they have never done this. Cutting a very long and heated argument short, it turns out that this store has been closed down before because of the state of their birds and their cages, I get home and rang Head Office up again, and they said they would look into this. That is no good to me or that poor little Linnie, further action is going to be taken, I have contacted the RSPCA, who were the ones who closed them down before, I very nearly bought the poor Linnie, just to get him out of that horrible situation, but hubby said if I did that I couldn't really carry on complaining about the store if I buy their birds and they would just get some more and treat them the same way.

They also had some finches and in their cage they had a rope chain, which was just big enough for them to get their heads caught in it. :eek: :mad:

What started out to be a lovely day ended up with me being upset and in a real temper. Guess it has helped me to get in touch and do everything I can to get these people closed down, or to make them improve the condition of the birds they have in their care, and make sure that the continue to keep the birds in the best possible health and conditions.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I can see why you would be so angry! :mad: I hate like heck to see that kind of stuff happening. We have shops around my area that are just horrible. I don't know how they stay in business. :mad:

DeadIrishD

Jul 9, 2006
Theres always a posotive side to every negitive side.

plucked bird = Generally an ugly bird, who has the potential to be beautiful, plucking from, my experience is generally caused by stress, or boredom, but seeing a bird plucked like that will generally make a store look horrid.

If a store looks horrid, than theres less of a chance of them getting much buisness, which in turn will get the store shut down... and also IMHO it's much better to have a bird look like this, and being kept in the open as it ads to the stores image negitivly than all of the birds being pretty and find out later just how crappy the store is..

I hope that this makes sence.

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
I feel like i want to buy all of them, but i cant.....

I hate it.

Once i saw a budgie that had no cuddle fish bone in its cage and it had a huge overgrown beak with some sort of growth on its feet!!!

It makes me SO mad when i see how their treated!!!!!!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
DeadIrishD said:
Theres always a posotive side to every negitive side.

plucked bird = Generally an ugly bird, who has the potential to be beautiful, plucking from, my experience is generally caused by stress, or boredom, but seeing a bird plucked like that will generally make a store look horrid.

If a store looks horrid, than theres less of a chance of them getting much buisness, which in turn will get the store shut down... and also IMHO it's much better to have a bird look like this, and being kept in the open as it ads to the stores image negitivly than all of the birds being pretty and find out later just how crappy the store is..

I hope that this makes sence.

I can see what your saying, maybe I should have made myself clearer, it wasn't the bird plucking himself it was the others in there plucking him. This store is not a good one. This is my third time of getting in touch with the head office and all about different problems with their birds. They have been closed down once before for the conditions of the birds and cages, when they re-opened it was better.................... for a while, notw it seems that they have gone back to their old ways. They don't have staff who know anything about birds (apart from where they are located in the store and the price) and even that is a bit hit and miss. Its a real nightmare.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Sarah, they are great links, thanks.

I am determined to do something to either stop these people from stocking birds altogether or make life very difficult for them. I am so angry that everytime we go in there, something is wrong with the birds. They also sell fish and the number of times that they have fish floating on top is no ones business. They just don't seem to care.

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
no, they dont care! all they care about is the $ not the animals...Pathetic....

I hope the clips inspired you to do somthing about it, tell us how you do!!

Keep Pushing Forward to Put them OUT OF BUISNESS!!!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Will do, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Most Reactions

Latest posts