Aviator Flight Line

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah gonna order me 2 for Bucc and Kito. :35: I may even find enough courage to let them fly a fair ways. :eek: :D We'll see.

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Peta I have the small aviator harness and it does not seem to have the self adjusting movement they tell u about on the cd.....would that effect the line?

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Peta my harness is the small one and it does not have the self adjusting front bit it is fixed...would that edffect the line ?

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
OK dont say anything I am having a senoir moment and am not coping with technology ...final post....

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
It shouldn't do as the flight line fits onto the end of the leash. You could always drop Steve a line, he is very helpful and always answers emails quite quickly.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Yeah these products are available to Canadians. Great products. If things work out with Popsicle's flying and I actually get a house I will get this for her. I hope someday we can put a harness on Pepsi and have her flighted!!!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yep, I got the harness from the same place, shipping is worldwide and no shipping fees. :D

Dominique

Apr 10, 2007
Ga, USA
Parrots
Harley~B&G~F~3
Echo Bella~CAG~F~2
Lucy~Vos/SI Ekkie~F~8
I have something similar and quite frankly, love it. However, there are some down sides. It can be very difficult to put on. Most birds won't let you just put it on. Second, it is very pricey. If your bird chews, it probably isn't the best choice. And lastly, I don't reccommend it for flying. If the bird pulls too hard, it can knock the wind out of them and they can choke to death.Just my humble opinion...

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Well that's the good thing about the Aviator. The lead is sort of like a bungee material. That way, whenever they do take off and fly, instead of them going to the end and then getting yanked down, it instead gently guides them back and they end up flying in a circular direction.

I know this for fact. The first time I had Sisqo out, he got scared by a dog that all of a sudden started barking and took off. It didn't yank him, and instead he went in a circle and landed gently back on my hand.

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I think Cricket would crash and burn no matter what I do... I dont think she was born with landing gear LOL

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I have something similar and quite frankly, love it. However, there are some down sides. It can be very difficult to put on. Most birds won't let you just put it on. Second, it is very pricey. If your bird chews, it probably isn't the best choice. And lastly, I don't reccommend it for flying. If the bird pulls too hard, it can knock the wind out of them and they can choke to death.Just my humble opinion...

What one do you have Dominique?

As Nicole said this one is all elasticated and doesn't yank them at all. None of mine have every been yanked they just glide gently round.

Dominique

Apr 10, 2007
Ga, USA
Parrots
Harley~B&G~F~3
Echo Bella~CAG~F~2
Lucy~Vos/SI Ekkie~F~8
Echo has what you were talking about, but the lead is not elasticy. Didn't know about that... However, when he was scared he glided down, but as Chi said, not every bird is born with landing gear, lol. I have just heard too many horror stories about them, so I just wanted to give a friendly warning! Hope no offense was taken :)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hope no offense was taken

None whatsoever, :D Thought you might have had a different harness is all.

Most Reactions

Latest posts