View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Ta-dah 5yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years passed 2018
Thanked 7,526 Times in 2,614 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road
Re: Need Advice about Jack

Your Jack might do a lot of acting out, and more plucking at first too. But positive change will happen slowly. Best have a vet check as some plucking is caused by medical reasons.
My rescue was cage agressive at first to, and still is slightly. I just let her come out of the cage before cleaning and feeding. And in my opinion just ignore the "special toy"
Any cag changes should be slow. I learned the hard way on that one. You are going to see such Joy as Jack slowly becomes more trusting, and overcomes his past poor life. But it's usually slow, I just posted in my rescue Penny that it took close to five months to see big changes. I also read other threads on other parrot species and found them helpful. Like the one in blue at the top of the Amazon forum by Sailboat, tilted I love Amazon's. He talks about rescue, closed down parrots, much I found insightful for my situation. Thank you for taking Jack in, expect a lot of ups and downs at first. I personally think of them as fearful, not agressive, and traumatized. They are so very intelligent, and can greive for their past home even if it wasn't the best. Now in a whole new place and new routine, they don't know what to expect.
Jackeet (02-09-2019)