"Hmmm, whats that thing mommy is pointing at me?!?!"
Picture038.jpg

"See my pretty red feathers... even if they are all ruffled"
Picture043.jpg

"time for my close up"
Picture039.jpg

My fav picture....

"OOO, Mom was playing with a peanut and had to steal it from her"
(It was very funny, I started squeezing it to make the crunching noise, and she came right over took it right out of my hand and crushed it to peices. Don't even think much of it got in her tummy"
Picture045.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
S/he is beautiful, Congrats to you all.

How old is s/he. The only reason I ask is the eyes seem to be changing colour already. (but that could be the flash from the camera) Have we decided on a name yet?

How is it all going? I know its a bit early, but does he seem to have settled well, as he's eating the peanut, it certainly looks like it. :D

I have to dash now but I'll be back later on.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN on the safe arrival of your new baby. Beautiful, very beautiful.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Congrats, he/she looks great, looks like the visits paid off! Now settling in is much easier with you that visited just before he came home. Want more pics as he progresses!:D

Peta, i think she said he was 7/8 months old??? Cnat remember, read it on one of the threads somewhere.

Great looking bird, hope your gonna have a great time together!

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
hatch date was April 23 2006... yeah they do look yellow in the picture, I didn't use a flash on her, but I think it must be the camra, or the kind of light in the room.

No still no name, I have a bunch that I like but nothing that "fits"
... If that makes any sence.

I donesn't look like she is eatting anything yet, and she wouldn't take the peanut from me until I started to crush the shell then she was all about the peanut. Same with the toys, I would play with them and she would come over to watch me do it.

:D love my new baby

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh right, the hatchday and the eyes do match now, for some reason I thought she was younger, not sure where I'm getting these things from. :D

The name will come to you soon, and it will be just the right name for both of you.

On the food front, I wouldn't worry too much as it can sometimes take a couple of days, Is she drinking anything? That is great news about the toys, she'll be playing in no time, as she's so curious to see what your doing when you play with them.

She is one beautiful Grey. We are gonna want to see lots of pics of her. :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Ive just been looking at your baby again, with Bucc sat here with me, everytime I moved away from them, he's biting my head and saying "Oh no, Bucc likes that one". So I think your baby has an admirer. :18:

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
Sounds like Bucc has a crush.lol. Kow cute are they when they come out with stuff like that. They truely are little feathered kids.:D :D That is a great looking grey. No offence to Bucc of course.:)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
No offence to Bucc of course.:)

None taken, she is one beautiful Grey, I can say that as Bucc isn't here, wouldn't want to get him mad at me would I. :D :D

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
too cute, I can't wait until mine starts talking. She has made a couple bird whisles, and she has gone crazy a couple times like a monkey... I don't know if she was trying to scare/test me, or if she was playing... but if was funny to watch, so agile.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Just keep talking to her all the time, she soon pick it up. Then you'll be praying for some peach and quiet. We create MONSTERS :D :07:

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
It is funny with the talking thing because you think they are never going to talk and then all of a sudden they start and once they start it seems to be easier to teach them new words. Good luck.:)

Most Reactions