View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 10:46 AM
Parrots:
Parakeet named Blue. Adopted from a Humane Society 5 years ago. Kirby Cockatiel adopted from a humane society 2018. Also a slew of other small birds that span my entire childhood.
Birdmom12 is on a distinguished road
Re: Socializing & Training

Jim- As seen in another post you recommended an annual wellness exam for all birds. With that I started my search into finding a CAV. Everyone locally kept recommending this particular clinic. When I called they "weren't sure on certification" when I asked if they were a CAV. They do exam birds and do a wellness check up, trim nails, and if ABSOLUTELY NEEDED trim beaks...but "why would you ever need that done!" (keep in mind I was asking in the event it needs to be maintained)

I now continue my search with an actual CAV about 2.45 hours away. My question is, is the world lacking in CAV? Is it common to have to travel to see one!? What do you all do in the event of an emergency. After my talk with the local place I wasn't much impressed with them even as a back up option. They really seemed to question why I would do a nail trim. They ended it with they usually refer patients to a university clinic 2 hours away.

All the same the search continues for a reputable clinic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Birdmom12 For This Useful Post:
Laurasea Supporting Member (02-16-2019), noodles123 (02-15-2019)