What's going on

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I was doing some housework the other day when the doorbell rang, so I answered the door, no one there went back to cleaning off it went again and again and again, each time I went to the door no one was there. A little later the phone rang, no one there, this happened again and again and each time no one there, then I heard one of the kids calling "Mum" went off to see who and why they were calling me and what they were doing home from school, no one in the house, By this time I'm thinking that I've gone round the twist. Decided it was time for a coffee and sit down, it was then that I heard the laughing, yep it had been bucc all along, the doorbell, the phone and calling "Mum" all down to Bucc. Bless him. He's even started copying the dogs barking then laughing like mad when I get onto the dogs, the cat scratching the furniture, again letting me tell her off then laughing like mad. What would I do without this little guy! my live would be so simple lol

birdwhisperer

Dec 26, 2005
Iowa
Parrots
Senegal Parrot
Timneh African Grey (TAG)
I know exactly what you are talking about!! My TAG, Pinkie does the same thing. It is so funny to hear her just laugh and laugh. She can mimic most of the house sounds, including sneezing and coughing. She also calls for the dog and the poor dog is so confused. Pinkie calls out TESS and whistles (just as I do) and the dog comes running, only to find out it was the bird calling for her. :dog: It must be annoying. She is such a tease! :)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yeah, Bucc has now got a cats meow down to a fine art, which will then start the dogs off, when they keep going, we come and tell dogs off for barking at nothing at all. This was going on for a few days until I came in and caught Bucc in the act so to speak. After we told the dogs off Bucc would sit and laugh like crazy. He will also tell Jess (our old gal) to get on her bed, which she does and wonders what she has done wrong. Life is certainly not dull when you own a parrot I guess. :D

Suzanne

Dec 30, 2005
Washington State
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Wow, Have I got alot to look forward too. We just got Stewart about 2 months ago and he is 5 months old now..Its sure going to be different around here when he starts to talk. :)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yes Suzanne, life is never dull round here. Yesterday Bucc pulled a picture of my son off the wall, the glass smashed, I asked "Who did that" Bucc replied with "Luke (my son) done it" :04: It wouldn't be so bad, but my poor son was upstairs at the time. Hehehehehe You've gotta love em!

Suzanne

Dec 30, 2005
Washington State
Parrots
Congo African Grey
greylady said:
Oh yes Suzanne, life is never dull round here. Yesterday Bucc pulled a picture of my son off the wall, the glass smashed, I asked "Who did that" Bucc replied with "Luke (my son) done it" :04: It wouldn't be so bad, but my poor son was upstairs at the time. Hehehehehe You've gotta love em!
Hi Greylady,

Thx for the reply. I'm new here and wondering...am I reading this right? Do you also have all thosed other pets? I have a Rat Terrier also and 2 8 year old Guinea Pigs. The bird (Stewart) every so often flies to the floor and sometimes right in front of my 11 year old dog Maggie who other then the pigs has been an only pet till we got Stewart. Hoe does your dog behave around Bucc?
Have a great New Year!

Suzanne

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hi suzanne, yes you are reading it correctly, I do have those other pets and that is good for us as this time last year we also had 2 other rabbits, 2 other guinea pigs and 2 cockatiels.
The dog who is an old gal now (13) is very good with bucc and wants to play with him, but as dogs play with either their paws or their mouth its not a good idea. The other day though Jess (dog) was trying to give bucc her tennis ball and bucc was trying very hard to take it from her. Its one of those times when you wish you had your camera on you. Its hard to imagine why they have become such friends, especially as Bucc is always telling them to "get on your bed", or getting them into trouble. The cat doesn't take any notice of Bucc even when he is tormenting her like mad, she again is an old lady (16). I guess I'm lucky, but I would never leave Bucc alone with any of the other pets, just in case. You can never be too careful

Suzanne

Dec 30, 2005
Washington State
Parrots
Congo African Grey
greylady said:
Hi suzanne, yes you are reading it correctly, I do have those other pets and that is good for us as this time last year we also had 2 other rabbits, 2 other guinea pigs and 2 cockatiels.
The dog who is an old gal now (13) is very good with bucc and wants to play with him, but as dogs play with either their paws or their mouth its not a good idea. The other day though Jess (dog) was trying to give bucc her tennis ball and bucc was trying very hard to take it from her. Its one of those times when you wish you had your camera on you. Its hard to imagine why they have become such friends, especially as Bucc is always telling them to "get on your bed", or getting them into trouble. The cat doesn't take any notice of Bucc even when he is tormenting her like mad, she again is an old lady (16). I guess I'm lucky, but I would never leave Bucc alone with any of the other pets, just in case. You can never be too careful
Hi Greylady,

Thanks for the reply. How wonderful to here how much of an animal lover you are. Let you in on a secret since I'm sure you can relate....for the most part I like animals better then people!

Again, I wish you a happy new year and hope to chat again soon.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Suzanne said:
Hi Greylady,

Thanks for the reply. How wonderful to here how much of an animal lover you are. Let you in on a secret since I'm sure you can relate....for the most part I like animals better then people!

Again, I wish you a happy new year and hope to chat again soon.

Here here, a woman after my own heart :emoticonc

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
OOO I want a grey sooo bad! That is going to be one of my when I get older birds...hmm my list seems to be getting bigger and bigger now.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
sunconure said:
OOO I want a grey sooo bad! That is going to be one of my when I get older birds...hmm my list seems to be getting bigger and bigger now.

I wanted a grey for years and years, but the time was never right, too young, out all the time, working all day, but then the time came, it was the best decision I have ever made, BUT its not all roses, they are into everything, I've had to put PVC piping round my speaker wires, and cover the top of my door as he is slowly demolishing it. Life is never dull with a grey, they are so much fun. Also they are so loving despite what the books tell you.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
sunconure said:

I know that feeling well, all I need to do now is win the lottery, then I'll be well away, bigger houses, then loads of room for lots and lots of birds, I'll tell hubby when I've won!!! Now if only the lottery people will help me out :emoticonc

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I asked "Who did that" Bucc replied with "Luke (my son) done it"

Oh isn't it great how they learn to place the blame on others so casually. When Gwen makes a huge mess and I ask 'Did you make this mess?', he says 'no', so then I ask, 'who made this mess then' and he blames the cat! I love it. I love hearing that others are experiencing these events also.

for the most part I like animals better then people!

No arguments here! :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
It is so funny, when he blames other people or the other pets, you just have to laugh.

Most Reactions

Latest posts