toxins!!

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Ok, I think I saw something somewhere about something done to brand new furniture that would be toxic to our fids :confused:
any ideas people, bacuase I am in the market for a couch/chair and i dont want it to affect my baby

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
I think that would apply mostly to wood furniture. With the varnish being applied and having too strong of an odor. However, you would probably want to air out any furniture you bought anyway.

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
yeah I plan on it.... the bird will be the last thing I will be moving into the new apartment... that way I can clean and be spray happy weeks before she gets here :p

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Anything with a strong odour is a no go, so good idea to do all the cleaning and spraying before she moves in. :D That way you don't have to worry bout anything.

I had a lot of wood in the house before the birdies started coming, all nicely varnished and looking good, birds came and the wood had to be rubbed down, birdies chewed the wood to pieces, ended up having to get lots of new furniture. :D

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
yeah i have an old 70's coffee table/end table set that is as old as i am and i was thinking that needed to be redone... or just get new, i dont know yet... but I am pretty good at keeping her away from that stuff... and well she hasnt wanted to wonder off yet... she did get at my mothers molding though :eek: had to pull the cage away from the wall

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yeah, Buccs playstand used to be near the wall and he ate a complete section of Dado rail, (wood running round room) :D The only thing left was splinters on the floor. :eek:

Should have known he was up to sommat as he had gone really quiet and just kept telling me he was a "Good Boy" :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts