TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Its too hard to try and teach dumb Americans to write correctly, so they try and change the english language...

Ok so I am going to say two things here ...

(1) Red, before you go bashing how people write, maybe you should take a hard look at this post and find your two mistakes ... THEN tell us about how 'dumb Americans' write.

(2) As someone who tries to teach "dumb Americans" to write I would have to disagree with this statement - the dumb ones are the easiest ones to teach. Really, it's the ones who think they are smart and know it all who are the toughest to teach! :04::25:

~ Tex :50:

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
All Americans are hard to teach, coz their never wrong.
Easy to bait,....hard to teach.
Ark Ark Ark.
I can sleep soundly now my hook is in place.

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Since we have figured out what kind of bird Millet has found, I am requesting that we close this thread.

I believe there is an 'Off Topic' thread for anything not bird related.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
American is not a language, its a sub_dialect of a language.

Incorrect, SAE is a Language with its own dialects ... RP English is its on language with dialects as well ...

SAE has dialects like BAE (Black American English aka, "Ebonics" ... and for you American's who are reading this and are surprised, YES, Ebonics is a accepted language ) and regional SUB DIALECTS (like southern, mid-western, ect.).

RP has dialects like Hackney/Cockney (can't remember the exact name, Peta can you help me out here?) and it also has regional dialects as well.

Both SAE and RP English are similar SAE DID NOT Originate from RP -- SAE and RP, however, DID come from out of the same base languages.

Since SAE and RP both have thier own individual grammatical rules and ways of coining new words they are considered TWO COMPLETELY SEPERATE LANGUAGES.

Red, normally, I wouldn't argue with you, as I know you love to bait people and it's fun for you to argue with people, but on this one issue, I consider myself (as do others) intellegent with these matters, so, I will pursue the conversation with you.

~ :50:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
OK ... but I am going to let Red have the last word so it doesn't look like I get into conversations and then close threads so people can't respond.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Im am a white anglo saxon male between the age 25and 50.
Historicly, that would make me right and you wrong, even if I said black was white.
Its just the way of the world.
While not giving ground on any of your points, I will however commend the level of commitment to this thread.
I stand impressed that anyone would even defend a losing arguement as effectivly as you have.
Thanx also for he chance of the last word. I wont get offended when you lock it.
It has served it pupose by keeping me thinking and smiling for more than an hour.
Please rest assurred I will try to offend everyone in the forums at least once, so if I dont get to you soon, please remind me.
My wife is just glad i am not teasing her for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions