4 in a bed!?

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
:eek: So when I went to climb into my bed last night, I discovered that it was already occupied by my 7 year old daughter 'Meghan' and our pup 'Pal'. So with great effort, I maneuver myself into my bed trying to fit into the odd shaped areas they had so generously left for me to sleep in. Just as I got in, my cat decided to join us also...laying right on my face, as if my breathing was only optional, not necessary. As I lay there contorted, smothering and with my butt hanging out of the bed, I came to the distinct realization that a little twin size bed is definitely not big enough. ;)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hehehehehe that I have already found out, now I have king size bed, problem sorted you would think, no such luck it just means that now the kids can fit more of the pets in there, hubby now just goes and gets into another bed, and falls right back to sleep, in fact the only one who ends up getting up and working is me!!!!!!

I'm sure it wouldn't take your daughter long to figure out, that if you got a bigger bed, more pets and toys for that matter can fit into the bed.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
My mom has a Queen size bed in her bedroom and she has gone to my brothers for the weekend, so I ended up going into her bed..........they all joined me in there too......I definitely need the addition soon so I can have more room for a bigger bed.....or two....... :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Now that sounds like an idea, My kids are now at the age when they don't get into bed with mum anymore, but I've woken up some mornings sharing the bed with 2 dogs and a cat, even Bucc has been known to come get me up, Jemma, my daughter has let him out and he wants mama, so up he comes to get me. So if its not kids its pets.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Well, I just couldn't take it anymore. I went and bought a queen size bed and it's being delivered tomorrow. I had to take everything out of my bedroom including the bureaus (except the computer) in order to fit it in there, but oh well, who need clothes anyways. :D I can't wait to have a real bed again!

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
THAT was a quick decission! I acctually just downgraded my bed from a Queen to a Full...mainly bc I am about to go to college in 2 years and a Queen will be too big for an APT. and esp. a dorm!

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
THAT was a quick decission!

Yah, I know. I never was good at waiting. Once I get something in my head, I want it done now. Kinda like a bird who wants 'instant gratification'. See, they trained me well. :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison said:
Well, I just couldn't take it anymore. I went and bought a queen size bed and it's being delivered tomorrow. I had to take everything out of my bedroom including the bureaus (except the computer) in order to fit it in there, but oh well, who need clothes anyways. :D I can't wait to have a real bed again!

More room for the rest of the guys, dogs cats, chickens, Gwen :35:

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
My bed was just delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more frozen butt, contortionist moves, or getting kicked out of bed by the animals (or Meghan). There's room for all of us now! Yippie!!! :D

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Oh last night was great! Meghan, Pal, Callie and I were all in the bed and we had room to spare :D .

More room for the rest of the guys, dogs cats, chickens, Gwen

Ummm, I gotta draw the line at chickens, ever see the size of the poop that comes out of them? :bigeyes: And man does it stink...Yucky....I like our chickens.........outside.......... :)

Gwen? I don't think we would get a whole lot of sleep with Gwen in the bed with us trying out his new found body piercing skills :eek: .

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:04: :04: Glad that you all had a good nights sleep, wait till they realise theres room to spare!!!!!!!!!! :45:

Most Reactions

Latest posts