View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 02:10 AM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
1 YNA (Bingo) 1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.) 1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.) 2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) 1 Congo AG (Bella) 7 Cockatiels
Thanked 4,600 Times in 1,697 Posts
texsize is on a distinguished road
Re: Obtained a mate for Amazon parrot, now both are aggressive

That's a good question.
I think it could go either way. The bird left in the cage may be quite angry with the bird that was on the stand and attack when it is placed back in the cage.

My bonded pair Pacho and Plumas Pacho was the female and was friendly with me. When I took her out of the cage to spend time with her Plumas would get vocal and upset about it.
When I put her back in the cage I made a point to put her back in a place as far from the other bird as possible. This kept most aggression to a minimum.

The biggest mistake I made (before I became a member of the parrot forum) was to put a nest box in the cage when I saw them mating.
Pacho would go into the nest box and Plumas would not let her come out. Attacking her any time she tried. I removed the nest box right away and everything settled down.
Never got eggs. I don't know why, could be because they are different species. Probably for the best as I did not know what I was doing.
Pinky (F lutino) R.I.P.

Sunny mother (cinnamon)R.I,P.
Cheeky father (whitface)
Angel (eldest lutino F)
Mango (middle pearl F)
Popeye (male grey M)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to texsize For This Useful Post:
AmyMyBlueFront Supporting Member (06-19-2019), chookibird (06-18-2019), SailBoat Supporting Member (06-18-2019)