View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 07:01 AM
Parrots:
Umbrella Cockatoo- 11 years old
Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,342 Posts
noodles123 will become famous soon enough
Re: Questions about Greys

As long as you know that the place you are traveling to isn't going to be using Teflon/unsafe chemicals, I would take your bird with you. If it is someone's house and you know them very well, you may be able to explain/ask if they would be willing to abstain from Teflon use while you visit. I know that can be awkward though...
Perhaps having your mom spend more time with him ahead of time would be good? That's what I try to do with mine...Or even see if another family member is less frightened of the prospect and allow them to meet and see how they do ahead of time.

Boarding is my last choice, just because disease is a real possibility and it makes me nervous because of the way they hide illness. That having been said, I did board Noodles once---I just wouldn't recommend it.

In-home pet sitters are another (expensive) option...or....could you ask someone you know (who likes birds) to come stay at your home while you are away? A lot of college kids (if responsible) would probably be happy for the break from their parents' homes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noodles123 For This Useful Post:
bigfellasdad (06-20-2019), Casper223 Supporting Member (06-20-2019), SailBoat Supporting Member (06-20-2019)