Not here for Hatchday.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Hey guys, its sooo sad for me that im going to miss my baby's very first hatchday!:( I'm leaving tomorrow and only returning the 9th of July. So im not gonna be here, no pinata, no carrotcake........:( What a sad day for me.

He wouldnt know atleast so i can make his party a itsy bitsy bit later i guess, but im still sad, cause its his very first.

Have a great holiday everyone, this is probably my last post before i leave, gonna miss ya all!!!!!

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Awww...well you will just have to have an even bigger celebration when you get back. Have a good time

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
We'll try to make it a special Parrot Forums Hatchday for him. :D Look forward to your return, have a good time Wilma, Is it holiday or school this time? Whatever it is have a great time, You'll be missed. :D

OP
Eclectica

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Oh, yeah, totally forgot to say why im going away. Check out www.primatecare.org.za, this is where im going to work for the next three weeks.:D

We are going to work with the baboons, doing basic care and learning their language for the first week. The next two weeks, we are going out in the field, doing a release project on one of the troops, no water, no electricity, no toilet, no nothing!! I think im gonna die!!!:eek:

But nevertheless, im looking forward to it, sooo excited! Wish me luck that nothing munches me in the bush!!:eek:

Its a project mostly for my studies and for my cv, im into rehabilitation, so more experience the better!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That sounds fantastic, I'm so green with envy I would give anything to see these animals in their natural habitat, walking round freely. :D

You just tell all them hungry mouths they'll have us here at PF to deal with if the try anything on. :D (I do hope that works)

Stay safe and have loads of fun. It sounds fascinating. Look forward to seeing you back here again when you get home.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
hey Wilma, if you have facebook I just created a group for people with or pursuing careers in exotic animals would love to have you join as i am having a hard time getting members and you definitly qualify!

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
This trip will require pix.
Lotsa pix please.
Im super Jealous also.
Congrats and do well.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
hey Wilma, if you have facebook I just created a group for people with or pursuing careers in exotic animals would love to have you join as i am having a hard time getting members and you definitly qualify!

Hey sounds interesting, I may have to look for this facebook now. ;)

OP
Eclectica

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Hey everyone, i returned a way bit earlier then was suppose to. My car went a bit poopoo, so had to come back to see whats wrong wtih her. But nevertheless, i missed my babies sooo much, and ofcourse chatting with all you guys! Hey Kelli, i have no idea of that facebook thing, but im interested.

Pics coming soon with me and baboon!!:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts