Jun 11, 2007
South Carolina
Parrots
one Male red-sided Eclectus
four parakeets
seven cockatiels
two cats
two chinchillas
Here's one picture of our little fella who is continuing to eat like a champ and is making what I think is attempts at talking. I'll have more as soon as I download them from the camera!

Attachments

• kiwi.jpg
    kiwi.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 390

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
He is so beautiful, hows he doing today?

He looks so proud sitting there keeping an eye on everything. :D

kiwisdad

Jun 11, 2007
Thank you all for the warm welcome and for all your suggestions.

He's been a much happier baby these last two days. He lets us know when he's hungry and after a quick meal, he's very content. He definitely preferred the syringe over the spoon, and like you mentioned, he lets us know when he's full by turning away and/or biting at the syringe playfully. Usually I set him back in his cage where we've already put some fresh fruit/veggies and he'll nibble at them for a while. So he's definitely learning how to eat on his own.

Again, our thanks. We really appreciate the help.

-John

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
You are very welcome, I'm so glad thats he's feeling more content now. My Kito (CAG) prefered the syringe to the spoon, probably cos he could make so much more mess with this than the spoon. :D Hope we get to see lots more pics of your beautiful baby.

OP
kiwismom

kiwismom

Jun 11, 2007
South Carolina
Parrots
one Male red-sided Eclectus
four parakeets
seven cockatiels
two cats
two chinchillas
Here are two more pics of Kiwi!
Here he is showing off his pretty red wings.
And..socializing with our neighbor's one and a half year old female grand eclectus.

Also, he is very fond of mumbling to himself when the cage is covered. I swear I almost heard him say "pretty boy." :D They are such fascinating creatures!

Attachments

• kiwi's wings.jpg
    kiwi's wings.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 429
  • kiwi and joli.jpg
    kiwi and joli.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 443

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
He is so beautiful, and those colors are awesome.

Ohhhhh he has a girlfriend, babies on the horizon??????? :D

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
OMG they are red under there wings :eek:
I WANT ONE!!!! SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!

not that I didnt think they were pretty before

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
Those are great pictures. I like the one with the female. They look like they are having a good conversation. :)

birdboy747

Jul 11, 2010
northwest indiana
Parrots
cockatiel
be carefull not to over feed them i was told to feel thier crop gently because sometimes the stuff will harden up in thier and could kill him. if it does start to harden up in thier i was told to give him some water and gently work the stuf out, not sure if thats for them birds but id amagine hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in on this. btw very pretty bird!

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Ummm Birdboy, just some friendly advise, you might want to look at the date of when threads originated before posting to them, this one happens to be over 3 years old, and in many cases the members posting are no longer active ;)

birdboy747

Jul 11, 2010
northwest indiana
Parrots
cockatiel
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, o man thats too damn funny i cant believe i didnt notice.., hahaha damn thats funny, its an off day for me, the day before school starts again ugh.

parrotgirl14

Jan 22, 2014
Hey Everyone, I am very new to this group and I am having the same issues with my 14 week old ekkie SI that was 'completely weened' (except for the occasion mush they gave her at bed time)..... well, since she has been home it is very obvious she is not weened and I am so frustrated with this breeder also.. I thought I read up on everything I could (took me 6/7 months of research) :( .. so thanks for the info you provided!!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
A lot of breeders are like that, they push them out the door as quick as they can. BUT with that said, some babies CAN regress thus needs to be fed formula again. Have you chop up fresh food for the baby??? Offer some smaller seeds??? Of course there's other stuffs you can offer such as sweet potato, egg, pop corn, etc etc.

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
I am very glad this thread has been brought up again no matter how old it it! Has answered lots of questions for me =D

Most Reactions