Question? Im new here so....

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
Sulfur Crested Cockatoo ~ Blue Quaker to be
I found this ad about macaws for sale in WI....she has this for sale...one baby macaw with cage and toys for 550.00. Well not just one but one of her macaws with that. But some of her emails were sent at 4:08am and she doesnt answer all of my questions she also mispells alot and put incorrect grammer....is this a scammer? I dont know what to do right not and am not sure. I can send anyone a pasted coy of the first email to show you what I mean.:confused:
I have pics of the birds if wanted.

Last edited:

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
That sound too good to be true... macaws are bird, so a good cage is going to cost about $500-$900+ and the macaw its self are usually $1,200-$1,500 as babies... I would look some where else just to be safe, but thats just me.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Be careful, maybe if you can send me a copy of the message it might help. Don't know what sort of $ your birds go for over there but it seems very very cheap to me. Are you able to get a phone number from her? I would be very careful, this just doesn't seem right to me. I would also want to know why the birds are going so cheaply.

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
Now she is saying 1100 for 2 and the cage and toys so I think it may be as she is raising the price and including another bird...
Here is her first email to me:
Hello,
Thanks for contacting Melissa and family,home of adorable b and g macaw babies.We use the term "Adorable" because all our Baby macaws's comes from a healthy,loving environment.We know how important it is to place you with the perfect pet for you and your family and that is why we put so much time into caring for our pets.I do Handreared my baby macaw's. All baby macaw's are bred at home and reared in a family environment,my baby macaw's are completely at ease with other family pets. Most are harness trained which allows me to be taken for a walk in the garden.Each baby b and g has a birth certificate and the booklet "Your Pet Parrot" containing all the information needed to ensure each pet baby b and g stays healthy, happy and free from stress when you have it.

My b and g macaw make the ultimate companion bird and perfect pet,raised in our home with lots of love and care.Likes to play with children and other house hold pets.Just as cute as can be,they are also very sweet and loves kissing.if you see any of them, you'll fall in love with he or she.Any will make a wonderful companion and require a great deal of love,so we will like them to go only to some one who will give a good and loving home.My b and g cost $550.00 for one including shipping,cage and toys.males and females are available,so just let us know the sex you will like to have,if male or female or pair.

Melissa and family.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
My b and g cost $550.00 for one including shipping,cage and toys.

I think I would run a mile,

Bucc (CAG) cost me £695 ($1,364)
His cage cost me £ 399 ($783)
Toys considerable amount of money (I keep buying more)

That price comes across as very suspect to me, and as she is raising the price it makes me think that something is seriously wrong here.

If this is the species of bird you are after I would continue to look around, buying a bird at silly prices like this spells trouble in my mind.

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
yea it does seem suspicious...I asked her why she all of a sudden wanted 1100, and she said that would only be if I were to buy both birds. So I told her I didnt want to do that. She wants to ship them...LOL!!!!! (were located in the same state) so now she says she either wants me to drive there or she will ship it to me.... here is her last message when I asked her if we could meet or something because why ship when were in the same state???
*I am located in Marshell street
so let me know if you will like
to drive to my place or i get
the baby ship to you?

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I would really love to see those birds, Its very strange, and sounds very much like a scam. :(

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
I emailed her and asked if she could take a pic of one of the macaws in the cage. Cage and macaws were in seperate pics....this hould show if this is for real. Do you have msn it wont let me put pics on here so I can show you on there?

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
Here are th macaws...I cant get the cage pic to come up on the email though
On the one where there is like design around the outside of the pic...I did that on a program for fun lol.

Last edited:

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
hmm I would go see them in person with no promise to buy...
The pictures may be fake and I will give you my reasons why I think so.
one because this person keeps bringing up that she will ship them
and because that last picture has a funky boarder and i just don't see some one doing that to a picture for e-mail purposes for a business deal

its is all your call
this is just my opinion

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
it has a funky border because I did that because I was bored lol sorry bout that...but that was me original pic didnt have that.

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
hahaha
ooooooh
well then I take back my statment, but I would still see them in person before sealing any deals

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah, I would definately want to see them for myself, it makes me wonder why she wants to ship them if you live in the same state.:confused:

mygreyparrot

Dec 26, 2006
Sounds like a scam. Why would she be getting rid of them so cheaply, when she could get much more for them? And why would you ship a huge (I'm assuming) cage plus a bird to the same state? I wouldn't give her one dime until I was at her place with the birds. Maybe they are sick? I'm guessing this is a scam. She'll ask you to send the $, and you will never see the birds. Maybe not, but I'd be very careful.

Most Reactions

Latest posts