For all those multiple birdie homes

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
lets see....when Alliee calls, then so does Kira, but that is normal....but it's when I am in the room and Alliee makes a few noises and it ends, but Kira on the other hand...every 10 seconds *SQWACK* like non stop. I just look at Kira and ask "have you lost your flippin mind?"

Kira also bathes in the water bowl. Actually, when one starts, then the other goes to it too...*ROLLS eyes*

You know what I really wish Alliee would teach Kira though...Alliee steps up sooo nicely, and I understand that because she was a one person bird for about 2 years untill I brought Kira home. Kira feels the need to freak out, fly around the room, go into the closet or something and then step up. What a little freak.

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Well, Mac has learned Hamlet's call ... they sound pretty much identical now ... only Mac can't muster the volume that Hamlet can ... this just started the other day ... :rolleyes:

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
I can still tell them appart, which is nice. I hope that Kira keeps her call the way it is. It's still that "baby" call even though she will be 2 in November and has been with me for over a year.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I just had to post this here, Bucc has learnt something from Kito, As most of you know Bucc is very cage aggressive (when I go into clean, he will let me take him off his cage even the top, but hates anyone touching his cage) Kito doesn't care on way or the other just sits and watches me to make sure I'm doing a good job. This last week I have been going in to clean Buccs cage and he has just sat there, no trying to come over to take a chunk out of my fingers, no growling, no nothing.

So do birds learn from each other I have to say definately YES.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
If that's the way it works my Phoebus will always attack the paper I hold and I wipe each bar of his cage.
Well he grasps a finger sometimes but lets go of it as soon as I say ''NO'' and he continues his job with the paper, growling meanwhile...
He is clown isn't he? :p :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts