Rainbow Bridge

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven, is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When a bird dies, it goes to Rainbow Bridge.
At Rainbow Bridge, there are meadows and hills and beautiful trees of all kinds where all our special friends can fly andclimb, hang and flap, hop and run, jump and play, squawk and squeal and sing together.
There is plenty of good food, including grapes and peanuts, ice cream, cheese, spaghetti, and especially, lots of pizza.
There is crystal clear water in brooks and springs are filled with water as well as every kind of delicious fresh fruit juice.
One warm spring even runs full of coffee and they can now drink their fill without hearing a single "no no".
There is lots of glorious sunshine and sweet warm rain when they want it.
Our friends are warm and comfortable and totally at peace.
All birds who had been ill or old, are restored to health and vigor and to their natural incredible beauty.
Their feathers shine, their wing feathers are whole and their eyes gleam once again with vitality.
Those who were hurt or maimed or ignored or broken-hearted, are made whole and strong and free of fear, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by.
The birds are happy and content....except for one thing....they each miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind.
Still ,they fly and play happily, safely and noisily together...even the grouchiest Greys, the oneriest Senegals, the tiniest Finiches and the grandest Macaws.
But the day comes for each bird when he suddenly stops and looks far into the distance. His body freezes and his bright eyes are intent as he watches and listens in silence. Suddenly he begins to fly from the group, soaring over the green grass, his wings flapping harder and harder. You have been spotted and he shrieks to you, then calls your name and his own and cries again and again as he rushes toward you.
When you and your bird finally meet, you cling to each other in joyous reunion, knowing you will never again, be parted. Your face, your fingers, even your toes are covered with beak nibbles and soft ecstatic kisses.
Your hair is preened by that special beak and his head bends under your fingers to invite your touch. Your hands again find their way under beloved wings, to caress the downy softness beneath.
You look once more into the trusting eyes of your companion...so long gone from your physical life on earth but never, for an instant, absent from your heart.
Your tears of joy are gently brushed away by those beloved wings...and feeling immersed once more in total contentment and love, you and your beloved companion
cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

THANK YOU FOR THIS DAVE.

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Green Cheek Conure Mutations
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
I've never seen/read the avian version of the Rainbow Bridge. Really like the sentiment. Thanks for posting it and thank you Dave.

Michael

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Such a beautiful place RAINBOW BRIDGE
It makes me feel better knowing the birds I have lost are at such peace
THANK YOU SO MUCH
THE WORDS REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART:grey:

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
MM: I have had many pets cross the bridge. One special one was a parakeet named Martini. I had him for just over 10 years and he brought so much joy into life as they all do. Thanks for pausing to remembering all the ones we have lost. SB

westwood

Feb 4, 2010
Media
Oregon
Parrots
Figaro Congo African Grey 10 yrs old .
I love that poem alot In all of its Versions.
I should copy it and take it with me when ever i go out and have a copy in the house to read .
Thank you Tammy

Zoey

Jul 28, 2011
Media
Albums
Alberta
Parrots
Lovebird (Scooter) Rest in Peace :(
Hahns Macaw (Odin)
RIP. Baby Budgie Bird :'(
I have never heard the version of Rainbow Bridge before. Thank you so much for sharing it. My love goes out to you and anyone else that has lost one of their babies. We will never forget them. <3

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
how beautiful, it makes me feel allot better about my pets who have passed.

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Makes me want to cry, I never heard of the bird version of it. Good for me to know where my babies will go when they leave :21:

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
I've seen this one before. It's beautiful, makes me cry every time I read it.

MrsKay

Jun 23, 2014
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Larry)
Canary (Norman)
That is beautiful!
My heart goes out to everyone who has lost a loved one.
Hearwarming to think about Rainbow Bridge :)

Most Reactions