Rescue Pionus

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Now we can't have an empty board here. So hear are pictures of two of the Pionus birds that came through here when I ran the rescue. Maxine a Maximillion Pionus and one of the sweetest birds I ever met, and Nigel who had a bit of an attitude, but was a very humorous bird.

Sc0002_op_117x174.jpg

Scan0014.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Ran your own rescue eh! I wish I could do that but I wouldn't let any of them go to another home. It takes someone a very special person to do that. The pics are lovely, I especially like the one at the bottom with the sign "I can talk, can you fly" hehehehe very good.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Letting them go was the hardest part of doing Rescue, but I did it because I know I can't keep them and it wouldn't be fair to them for me to try and keep that many birds long term when I know there just aren't enough hours in the day to give each and every one of them what they need. I want the birds I have helped to thrive, not just survive, so I let them go.....but only to approved homes where I felt they would be happiest. I cried every time one of them left. It was a sad day when I had to close the Rescue, but my injuries are such that I cannot physically do it anymore. Hopefully someone else will pick up where I left off in my area.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I would love to do something like that, but I would need a good strong, sensible person behind me, just to point out the obvious. I too would sob my heart out when I had to let them go, but as you say there are only so many hours in the day, and these guys need good homes with the time for them, heck they deserve that.

Most Reactions