Newbie Here

Dave

Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania-USA
Parrots
1 pet CAG--1 pet TAG--1 pet YC Macaw--2 pet Quakers--3 prs of breeder greys--not pets
Hi All
Nice to see a new board where everyone seems to be happy. Hope I can chip in. I think I recognize some people here. Might be wrong though. Old age has an effect on memory-----Dave

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
3d_effects.gif

Hi Dave, nice to have you join us, yes we are rather a nice, happy bunch of people here, so jump right in and have fun.

We love pics, so would love to see some pics of your guys. More Greys, Yeah:59: I do Loooooooove the greys!!!

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Green Cheek Conure Mutations
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
Hi Dave,
Welcome! You certainly do recognize some of us "Old Timers" here. Seems we needed a change of atmosphere. Imagine...a board that has nice people on it!

Michael

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Hello Dave,

Welcome to Parrot Forums! Glad to have you aboard.:)

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
Hi, Dave:46:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Michael said:
Hi Dave,
Welcome! You certainly do recognize some of us "Old Timers" here. Seems we needed a change of atmosphere. Imagine...a board that has nice people on it!

Michael

Dave you and Michael have got me intrigued now with all this talk of "Nice People" LOL:D

Sorry everyone this is just a little "in joke" (I hope) :jumping40

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
Hi greylady,

Sadly, it's not a joke. Several of us know each other from another forum that is open and unmoderated.
To politely put it, it attracts a "certain element" that you, me and most decent people wouldn't rub shoulders with or ever associate with in our personal lives. I know that might sound unkind, but it's true. Being that it's an open forum, many things are said and spoken that would not be tolerated on a moderated forum.
I guess the change I was looking for was a forum such as this.
It may be a somewhat slow board, but I'd rather have decent people join and participate than have a busy board that is loaded with riffraff.

Michael

PS There is a person that frequents that board that goes by the same identiy as yourself. If you were familiar with this person, you would change your board name in a heartbeat!!! :)

OP
Dave

Dave

Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania-USA
Parrots
1 pet CAG--1 pet TAG--1 pet YC Macaw--2 pet Quakers--3 prs of breeder greys--not pets
Re: Newbie Here/Greylady

Greylady
You say you're intrigued?? Well, let me put it this way. Michael, Mkay, Alison, Karen and maybe a few others here can tell you about what we mean by 'nice people'. We all come from a place that makes it hard to communicate with others and some people have had their heartaches at this place. I can only tell you this...Your username, at first, made many people nervous. Further investigation of you proved that you weren't the person we were thinking about. I can tell you that the art of friendly debate and the art of sharing for the most part, has gone down the drain at that place.
In my original 'hi all' post I was just kidding when I said that I maybe recognised some of the people here. I definitely knew who they were.
Michael is a PC friend of mine and has a wealth of knowledge that he enjoys sharing. He'll share instantly and consistantly. I've seen him do that for the past 2 yrs. MKay has been dragged through the coals and fire at this other place yet she's a sweet person who also likes to converse in a friendly way. Alison used to run a rescue service where she lives and had been seriously and constantly insulted and accused of many horrible yet untrue things concerning the good things she's tried to accomplish there. She's been accused of having ulterior motives. All of that stuff was a lot of BS. Sometimes,not often, I've exchanged posts with her at this other place. In the past, Karen has constantly been accused of not doing right by her birds. Also not true. We all have our ways of doing things and as long as the results work out for everyone then that method is the right method. There is no blanket answer for the art of keeping birds. There's certain people at this other place that won't accept that fact. " I"M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, HOW DARE YOU SAY WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. YOU PROBABLY HAVE LOTS OF PERSONAL FAMILY PROBLEMS" and on and on and on.I've been involved with birds for many years and yet I've been chastised for no reason at this place. I simply stopped posting. Many great people left this place after being stepped on by certain individuals. That 'stepping on' still goes on to this very day. If you really wanna know the in depth horror stories, simply PM the people I mentioned above and they can give you the total, complete picture of what I mean. ---------Dave

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I am so sorry that you have all had a real bad time on this other place and the other Greylady, I really could not believe what I was reading.

Dave I have spoken to the people you mention in your reply and I would like to think have gotten to know them, they are fun, kind and loving people,

Michael, yes this site is good and it has the potential to be better, and it could be that guests who are looking around are seeing my name and that's it. I'll have to do something about that.

THANK YOU DAVE, MICHAEL, ALISON, MKAY KAREN AND OTHERS THAT I MAY HAVE LEFT OUT, FOR TAKING THE TIME TO INVESTIGATE AND FINDING OUT THAT I AM NOT THE SAME PERSON AS THIS OTHER GL.

This site is a place where we can all talk to each other about our birds, familys etc have fun and know that at some point we are going to disagree with what others have said, but we are polite to each other, there is no right or wrong here only IN MY OPINION (IMO) or WHAT HAS WORKED FOR ME.

THANK YOU DAVE FOR POINTING THIS OUT TO ME I WILL CERTAINLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

THANK YOU EVERYONE.

P.S DAVE I JUST LOVE THE SIG

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
I think you should still keep the same name, but in parentheses add
(not who you think!) :D

Michael

9Catsz

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Missouri
Parrots
Peachfaced lovebirds, Timneh African greys
Michael said:

PS There is a person that frequents that board that goes by the same identiy as yourself. If you were familiar with this person, you would change your board name in a heartbeat!!! :)
So that's why she changed her name. I love your name, Peta.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Karen, yep thats the reason. I was going to start a thread to explain it all but as Michael did a welcome thread for me, thought I would leave it there.

Most Reactions

Latest posts