Angel

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
This Quaker had it's bottom beak torn off by a Macaw at a breeding facility. They brought it to me under the lie that it was a pet that they could no longer keep. I found out later, at the vets, that she was a breeder that dumped the bird because she couldn't feed babies anymore with no bottom beak.

Birds_012_op_800x600.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Doesn't it make you mad that people have to lie, Thank God for you, how many fids would have lost their lives if it hadn't been for you. You are a real saint, with really lovely birds. Well done again.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Yes it does make me mad when people lie. I wouldn't have turned any of them away, even if I had been told the truth. Some people are just 'hardwired' to be deceitful.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
It makes me really mad, I get up on my soapbox all ready for the big lecture. I wonder if they care what happens to the birds, or is it a case of anyone can have them as long as its not me. Before I start I'll jump off this soapbox. LOL

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
You are so right, they don't care where the bird is as long as it isn't their problem anymore. It has become common practice these day for breeders to dump birds at shelters when they have no more use for them. And euthanasia, or the snapping of necks, of deformed, injured or cripple babies is much more common than most will admit to. It is a business decision for many of them because they can't make as much money off a baby if it costs them money at the vets to fix them. A very sad reality indeed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts